Two Silver Coins

The small taicho slipped out of the meeting hall and headed towards the jailing area instead of heading back to the tenth division. When he arrived he asked which cell Ichimaru Gin was being kept in. The man at the entrance frowned at him. "You haven't heard that Ichimaru Gin hasn't been speaking to anyone. I doubt you'll get anything out of him."

"Let me settle my own curiosity." Toshiro headed down the hallways until he came to the man's cell. The silver haired man was sitting on the bench with one leg crossed across his lap and one arm propped up so that he could lean his chin in the palm of his hand. His face was looking away and off into space. Toshiro's small foot tapped and his arms crossed. Eventually he found himself speaking. "Ichimaru?"

There came no response from the man and the boy let out a deep sigh. "Are you deaf or something?" The boy shook his head and kept his arms folded across his chest. "Matsumoto's going to want to come and see you, you know." The boy noticed that the man's hand was bandaged. "What happened to your hand?" The small taicho let out a deep sigh. "I know you don't like me, but..."

"What do you mean I don't like you?" The man's head suddenly turned to look at him. The small boy's arms dropped to his side and he found himself staring. Gin moved his arms to his side on the bench and both feet touched the ground. He then used his hands to turn himself to look towards the boy and raised his legs up so both were crossed on the bench. "Where did you get that idea?"

Toshiro's bright teal eyes glanced at the ceiling for a few minutes while he thought it over. "You attacked me." The man let out a deep sigh before going back to his original position but with both legs up off the ground. The boy walked forward and gripped the bars on the jail cell. "Ichimaru?" The boy waited for a few minutes. "Why are you ignoring everyone?"

Silence was the only answer he got, but the boy wasn't about to give up. "Is the subject of Aizen and what you did off limits?" The boy frowned as the man remained silent. "You are going to get out in a month you know."

The man's arm dropped to his lap and he let out a deep sigh. "Why aren't you bothered by the fact I am not going to be executed?"

"I don't know. I guess it is because I don't hate you." The boy found himself looking up at the ceiling again.

"Kiddo, you don't have it in you to hate anyone. It's just not like you." Gin shook his head.

"I hate Aizen."

"And that subject is off limits, okay." The man leaned against the wall and tilted his head back.

"What subject isn't off limits?" Toshiro frowned, again looking at the man's hands. "Do you actually think you deserved to die for your crimes?"

"Do you really want an answer to that question?"

"Why are you talking to me and not other people?" The boy continued talking.

"Because your an annoying child and won't go away. So please, just go away." Gin let out a deep sigh.

"No."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm annoying child after all." Toshiro frowned at the man.

The silver haired man suddenly chuckled. "When did you get a sense of humor?"

"You're not telling me stuff, I'm not telling you stuff either." The boy held back the smirk that wanted to creep across his face.

"Hmm..."

There was a long period of silence and Toshiro finally went and sat against the wall across from the cell and pulled his legs up to his chest. "So... you're not wanting to talk to people for some reason and you thought by talking to me you could get me to go away, but once you figured out that I was going to be stubborn you decided to be stubborn as well just like you've been with everyone else."

"You didn't answer my question about what you thought your punishment should be. Do you have a death wish? Are you suicidal? Are you going to try to kill yourself because you think death is the justice that is deserved? If you kill your self, I promise I'll find a way to bring you back and I'll torture you for hurting Matsumoto again."

"Would you just shut the hell up!" Gin got up and walked over to the jail cell door and grabbed the bars. He opened his pale teal eyes and glared the boy. "And no... I may think I deserved the death penalty but I am not suicidal."

Toshiro found himself swallowing and his eyes growing wide. He then glanced away. "Sorry."

"What happened to you? You used to not be such a chatter box?" The man shook his head. "And yet here you are getting me to talk to you despite the fact I swore I wouldn't talk to you or Matsumoto."

"Jerk." The boy narrowed his eyes at the man. "I get not talking to me as you don't like me, but you do owe her an explanation of all people. She's going to be more stubborn then I am too and she'll wear you down until you tell you, and if it takes until you are released she is going to stick to you like glue and hunt you down if you run away again."

Gin took a deep sigh before heading back and sitting down. "I don't hate you."

"You can be not hate someone and not like them at the same time you know." Toshiro frowned at the man and crossed his small arms.

The man sighed and tilted his head against the wall again. "Shiro-chan... please. There are certain things I don't want to talk to you about. You are a really annoying child."

"Asshole. See... you don't like me."

The man turned to look at the boy. "What the hell is wrong with you. I liked you a lot better when you were a lot less annoying." The man watched as the boy swallowed again and gave him a strange look. "Oh, don't give me that look. You shouldn't be caring if I of all people likes you are not. You shouldn't be wanting for me to like you and you should be wanting to keep your distance from me."

Gin watched as the boy glanced away. "Spit it out."

"You're right I shouldn't, but now that you mentioned it..." The boy clutched his knees so that his knuckles turned white.

"You are mentally unstable." The man folded his arms. "Don't worry. I like you. I actually like you the same as I always have. But you really are getting on my nerves and I'd appreciate it if you went away. There are just certain subjects that I don't want to talk about."

"Is there something you do want to talk about?"

"Why?"

"Because its not like you not to talk to people. So something must be wrong. I don't like that."

The silver haired man shook his head, the corners of his mouth suddenly twisting up in mild amusement despite the fact the boy was honestly frustrating him. "All right. What is up with your hair?""

"My hair? You should have noticed when you first came through, but you said nothing at all."

"Shiro-chan, I noticed then just as I noticed when you first walked down here."

"Then why didn't you say anything either time. That isn't like you."

"Seriously, what is wrong with you." Gin shook his head. "Just tell me what is up with your hair."

Toshiro reached up and pulled on a few strands with his fingers and pushed his lips together as the corner of his mouth turned down into a frown. "I used to rather hate the way it looked. I mean, it is pure white and not normal. Same with my eye color. I've recently kind of learned to accept myself for who I am and not worry about what others think."

"And yet you were obviously worried about whether I like you or not." The man shook his head.

"I think that's different. I do want people to like me and I do want friends, but I'm not worried about not being able to make friends any..." The boy paused "Why am I talking to you of all people?" The boy stood up. "Actually, I don't get why I came or why I am so worried about you of all people liking me." As the boy dust himself off he had one more thing to say. "Maybe I just happen to have a morbid sense of curiosity."