🔪Chapter 12: Mouth Full of Lies (UPDATED)

Start from the beginning

"Okay, what about Steven? Did you get along with him?"

 I thought I would say no and be honest with her but I have to lie at some point even though I will feel more guilt in myself.

"Um... we're okay."

Lies.

Lies.

Lies.

One lie leads to another lie and another before you know it you'll be telling a lot of lies on a regular basis and that's what makes you a big, fat liar and you carry a bag of nothing but lies, hiding away from the truth though you can't run away from it. Does that make me a liar? It seems like it.

"That's good. Anyways, I gotta go. We're gonna board the plane right now. We'll see you guys soon, okay?"

"Okay."

"Okay, I love you, can't wait to see you guys again."

"Love you too, Mom. Have a safe flight."

I hang up the phone and let out a sigh. Steven made me do this and this makes me angrier, not only of him but also angry with myself. 

I am both the 'victim' and the 'guilty one'

It's my fault that I let him take my innocence away even though it was my right to stop him but I was so weak and scared. 

However, I lied to protect my family and friends from Steven.

I put my phone away and drag myself to the bed and I can feel myself drifting away.

___

 I slowly open my eyes and I grab my phone to check the time.

7:30 am.

I get off the bed and I spotted a tray on my table. I walk towards it and grab the note beside the tray.

Grandma Abigail must have prepared this for me and I overslept.

I put the note away and sit down. I haven't been eating much cause I still feel sick after all of those nights. This time, I'll try to eat something and not put this to waste.

"It's a shame that they're coming back." I averted my gaze and I saw Steven leaning against the door frame.

Then he starts walking towards me and I just look away. One of my hands starts to shake.

"But I enjoyed two weeks of alone time with you while it lasted." He chuckled as his hands slowly trail to my covered neck and squeeze it, trying to choke me, and I can feel his breathing against my ear.

"And remember to keep our little secret." He whispered as I can feel chills going down my spine. He places a kiss on top of my head and lets go of my neck as I breathe in and out then he leaves the room.

I lost my appetite.

I'll try to eat it later, even though it's gonna be colder.

I'm gonna have to start packing up. I don't wanna be in here any longer.

I hope Mom and Mr. Anderson will be here soon.

___

Many hours have passed and I get to eat at least half of the food. When I took it downstairs, Grandma Abigail happened to be in the kitchen. She was concerned about me and was wondering what was taking me so long to eat the food she made this morning.