chapter 6

I was completely calm and in a good mood. That was until I entered the Payne household. Than all the sudden nervousness hit me full force. As if it realized what was about to happen. Amelia didn't notice a thing and let go of my hand to run over to her favorite aunt and uncle. Hugging Danielle and kissing her cheek, before jumping on Liam's lap with a cheerful giggle. I couldn't help but smile, but it felt strange, unnatural and tense. Like my skin was being stretched.

A frown appeared on Danielle's face when she looked at me. She looked me over, before tilting her head slightly to the left. “You're okay Haz?”

I wanted to lie. Tell her yes, but I wasn't alright. I was freaking out. Besides she wouldn't fall for it if I lied anyway. Lightly I shook my head. “I was fine like a minute ago, but now....” I trailed off.

“But now your nerves are acting up” she said with a knowing smile as she got up. “It's normal. To be honest, I had the same thing when we” she made a hand gesture to Liam and her. “Got married.”

“Well I'm not getting married, am I” I said, giving her a teasing little shove. “Not yet at least. I'm just gonna propose.”

I got a dramatic eye-roll. “Yeah well, I don't have experience with that. I was propose to, remember.” 

“Really? I always thought you got so sick of waiting that you proposed to him” I said with a smirk. Temporary forgetting about my nerves.

“You.” Danielle growled a little. Slapping my shoulder with the back of her hand. “You know I would only marry him if he got down on one knee.”

“Like he should.”

“And did. Other wise this wouldn't be around my finger.” She held her hand with the wedding ring on it in front of my face. Wiggling her fingers. “And soon Niall will have one too.”

My smile dropped. Remembering the situation as the nerves came back. “Yeah well, I still have to ask him.”

“Don't worry Hazza. We all know his answer will be yes” Liam said from his spot on the couch. Amelia still on his lap, looking curious at all of us.

“And than it will only be a matter of time before he is Mr. Styles or” Danielle's lips curled up in a smirk. “Will you be Mr. Horan?”

What? I hadn't even thing of that. Niall Styles. I like the sound of that. Or would he want to keep his own last name? Or maybe have both. Niall Horan-Styles or Styles-Horan. Hm that sounded pretty good too. Guess I needed to talk about that with him too. I didn't really care much. I'd go with whatever he wanted.

“Hello Harry?” I shook my head a little, focusing back on Danielle. “You need to go back home, sweetheart. If you want to get everything ready on time.” I nodded slowly and she smiled at me. “What do you say I come with you. Help you. Keep you company. Would you like that?”

I didn't really need to think about it and nodded. Knowing I would be going insane with nerves and anxiousness. I couldn't risk anything going wrong. Not today, everything needed to be perfect. But with my nerves acting up so badly, the risk of me screwing up something was big.

“Okay than, let's go” Danielle said. Grabbing her phone, bag, keys and jacket. “The sooner we are back at your place, the more time we have.” Nodding I followed her. “You'll manage right hun?”

“Of course” Liam smiled. “Go help Harry. He needs you more than I do right now.” I smiled a little. That's why Liam was such a good friend.

* * * * *

“They just left the mall” I said. Putting my phone back down. “So they'll be here in about 15 minutes.”

“Good. Everything is ready” Danielle said. Looking around the dinning room with a smile. We had put the big dinning table against the wall and instead we put a smaller round table in the room. Danielle had put a nice white tablecloth over it. Our best plates on it. Napkins rolled up nicely next to it. “You just have to light the candles just before he get's here.”

I nodded, smiling. “Thank you Dani. For everything.”

“Oh you're welcome sweetheart.” She hugged me. “You know friends always help each other. Next time it will be you helping me.”

“With what could you possible needs help with?”

She shrugged. “I don't know. We'll find out when it's needed, right.”

Chuckling I shook my head. “Well you better go now. Thanks again for all your help.”

She huffed and made a hand gesture, waving it off. “It was nothing. Good luck with the dinner and try to relax and enjoy it a little. This is a memorable day.”

“I'll try.” I hugged her and she kissed my cheeks.

Smiling she walked to the door and opened it. “If you find the time, let me know if he says yes, ok? Not that I doubt he won't, but still”

“I will.” Giving her a little smile

“Okay than. See you tomorrow.” And with that she stepped out and closed the door behind her. Now all I could do is wait.

* * * * *

I had just finished lighting the candles when I heard a car door being closed. Swallowing nervously I took one last look in the mirror. I scowled. I shook my head, before fixing my hair the right way with my hand. Perfect. At that moment I the front door opened. “Hunny I'm home” Niall called out half jokingly. “I bought this amazing dress for Am. I'm sure she'll love it.” He said. Followed by the sound of his keys being thrown in cabinet in the hall. As he neared my nervousness, excitement and anxiousness got worse. Making me feel slightly nauseous. This was it. There was no going back now. My hand moved to my pocket. Feeling slightly relieved when I could still feel the little box there. Not that it could have really gone anywhere, but still. I needed the reassurance it was still there. That I had it. “Haz babe, you're home?” I couldn't hear the frown in his voice. Of course I hadn't responded to him yet and as far as he knew I would be home.

“I'm here” I called out. Noticing my voice sounded a bit strained.

I heard footsteps coming closer and the next moment Niall appeared in the doorway. “There you are” he smiled. I took in his handsome form. The boys had him dressed in dark blue skinny jeans, with a white button up shirt. Sleeves rolled up to just below his elbows. The top buttons were open, revealing the dark blue shirt, slightly lighter than the jeans, he wore underneath it. I smiled, he looked amazing. Moving my eyes back up to his face, my smile dropped as my heart ran cold. There was a surprised, yet suspicious look on his face and his eyes were narrowed. “What's going on?”

I swallowed. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all.

A/N: So SORRY for the long wait. Life has been really busy, so there was no time for inspiration. Hope you all liked the chapter. If you do, PLEASE comment and vote!! Next chapter will probably be Niall's Pov.  xxx :)