"Well," He started. "I could've killed you by pushing you off the top of that abandoned building if I had wanted to. So really, it couldn't be because of that now."

He was right. It wasn't. That guy breaking into my house was definitely more because of that locker. I might've gotten hurt not because they wanted to kill me, but because I was in the way.

In the way of something I had no idea of.

"You know what? Forget it." I muttered before turning away once again. I wasn't going to waste any more time thinking about this.

Without buying anything, I left the shop. It was almost eight by now, making me realize that Alex's match must be starting soon. I wished I could've told him that I did want to be there, and I would never ditch him for anyone or anything. But that would just be a lie. I was ditching his match because of Caden.

"Go to the match."

I turned around, not really surprised this time to see Blake standing just a few feet away from me. He had followed me out of the shop too.

Why the hell was he even following me?

"Well, since you know the deal." I couldn't help but glare at him again. "I'm not planning to make any mistakes with Caden."

Blake chuckled and took his car keys out, jingling them at me.

"Come with me then. He'd know you don't mean to interfere in his business the moment he'll see you with me."

I looked at him unbelievably. "No way. I'm going home."

I wasn't going with Blake. No way in hell. Even if that would be a nice surprise for Alex. Which he'd love so much.

Ugh.

Blake gave me a knowing glance, then shrugged. "Your choice."

God, why? Why did I always get trapped in such situations?

•••••

I went along with Blake. I was truly the most pathetic person in this entire universe.

"Don't blame yourself." Blake passed me a grin as he parked his car in the already bustling parking lot. "You're just going there to cheer for your friend."

I didn't know why he was being so nice to me. Why couldn't Caden be a little like him? Why couldn't he be a bit like Caden?

We ended up sitting at the row at the very top, which was more than fine by me since I was not a fan of sitting in the middle and getting attacked by all those enthusiastic cheers.

"I can't believe I'm spending my night watching a football match," Blake muttered to himself as he sat down on my right. To my left was some other guy from my school who I didn't quite recognize.

"That happens when you try helping strangers." I retorted.

"I don't think you consider someone as a stranger who has let you into her house?"

I gave him a really bad look at that.

"Or someone who could kill you with a butter knife." He faked a look of horror.

I blinked at him before slumping back with a small groan. "Do you know how bad it'll hurt when I smack you across that handsome face?"