"Yuki?" Akira heard John call out behind her. Akira glanced back at the door, stepped away from the walkways railing and opened the door. As she stepped into the room she was greeted by a wet, bare chested, towel wearing John.

"Oh." Akira said in surprise as she stared at the water dripping from his hair and running down his chest. 

"Oh hey.. Sorry I.." John said, running one hand through his hair. "I didn't know where you went. I heard the door close and got worried so I kind of just... Jumped out of the shower." 

Akira didn't mind in the slightest though as she stared at him

Akira didn't mind in the slightest though as she stared at him. His hair still wet and sticking to his neck and face. The toned muscles of his chest and arms would make any girl weak in the knees and the towel he had wrapped around his waist hung low on his hips. 

"I uhhh... No it's fine. It's really fine." Akira said, turing away slowly, so red with embarrassment she felt like she might explode. "I just went to get some air. I forgot people like taking hot showers it felt kind of warm in here." Akira said with a nervous laugh, trying to hide how red her face was. John smiled a little.

"Yeah sorry Ice Princess. I hate cold showers, even in summer. I'll change and then you can have the bathroom." Akira glanced back at him out of the corner of her eye as he walked back into the bathroom. God, even his back was hot. John closed the door behind him and Akira sat down on the bed, putting her hands over her face. 

You can't stay here. You can't stay here. You can't stay here. Akira repeated to herself over and over in her mind. But the image of John kept resurfacing leaving her cheeks pink.

-----

"You know, I could've done this on my own." Akira said as she stretches out her legs in the passenger seat of John's car.

"Done what?" John asks.

"Gotten back to the North Pole." John smiles.

"Oh yeah? What would you have done?" John asked, shifting his hand on the wheel to look over at her. Akira shrugs. 

"Make my way to the ocean, build myself an iceberg and hop onto it." John started to laugh.

"Oh yeah, an iceberg on the shore of a beach. That wouldn't raise some red flags."

"Hey, by the time the police or Sentinel services pulled their heads out of their asses, I would be in Greenland, heading north."

"Where exactly did you live if not Greenland? You don't actually live out in the middle of the ocean do you?" Akira smiled at him devilishly. "No, stop. You do not."

"When I was 14 I created this giant ice shelf out in in arctic ocean. It took nearly the whole year but I eventually did it. I don't know how wide it is exactly but it is very deep. At least a mile or two long. I keep adding to it because it keeps melting. I've been expanding it ever since I finished it and I guess that's what drew scientists towards me. I kept making blizzards and snowstorms at odd times. It was a dumb move I guess but I just wanted somewhere to live where I wouldn't hurt anyone."