fine

A/N: Listen to the song attached while reading this if you want, you'll see why, enjoy!
Also, that's how I picture his tattoo.

I feel him push past me with a 20 dollar bill in his hand

"It'll be $8.50." The barista says, smiling. She retrieves the money, giving back the change and receipt, "It'll be out shortly."

I look at him and see a wide smile from him.

"So what are you stalking me now?" I tell him, walking away from the front counter and begin to make my way towards a small table near the area where you pick up your drink.

"No, it just so happened that we both wanted coffee." Rein smiles at me, again. He takes a seat in the chair across from me.

"Hmm, totally." I roll my eyes. I take the Airpods out of my ears, putting them back into their case and slip them into my bag.

Rein looks at me and laughs, "C'mon, I didn't even go in your direction Melina." He fumbles with his hands, making me notice a small crown tattoo at the bottom of his right hand middle finger. He catches me staring because he moves his hands underneath the table, making me look up at him.

"2 Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte's!" The same barista calls out from behind the counter, grabbing both of our attention's.

"I'll go-" We both say in unison standing up.

"No, I'll go. I insist." I tell him, walking away before he can say something back to me. I grab the scolding hot coffee cups, instantly regretting trying to take authority of who was going to grab them. I walk back to the table as fast as I can.

"Ow." I whisper, placing them down on the table for the both of us.

"Should've let me do it." He tells me grabbing napkins out from the dispenser at the end of the table. He places two in front of me and folds one of his and places it under his cup.

"Is that even a drink you like?" I ask him, popping the lid off my cup and grabbing a two coffee stirs from the container placed at the end of the table, handing him one to return the gesture of him offering me a napkin.

"I don't know, we're about to find out." He huffs and chuckles a little. He does the same as I'm about to do, mix the coffee to make sure whatever could be sitting at the bottom is properly mixed right.

I take a sip of mine, absorbing the delicious hot cinnamon flavored coffee. I lick my lips, "I promise it's good."

"Here goes nothing." He takes a sip of the steaming coffee, and his eyes widen. He makes an absurd face and swallows.

"So?" I raise my eyebrow with amusement, "do you like it?"

"First, that's way too hot for me to enjoy." He pauses, "but it doesn't taste too bad, still has that dirt flavor."

"Don't tell me you're one of those people who drinks creamer rather than coffee?" I laugh at him.

"No, I just don't like for my coffee to taste like I fell into a mud pile." He laughs back at me, trying to imitate my voice, "don't tell me you're one of those people who drinks their coffee like plant soil." He pretends to throw imaginary hair behind his hair and throw his hand out sassy.

"Hey! I don't talk like that!" I scoff, swatting his hand.

Rein laughs back with me, I catch myself smiling at him, and his blue eyes are so focused on mine and I hadn't noticed that they were.

"You know I really like that song you wrote." He tells me, shifting in his seat.

"You heard it?" I furrow my brows. The song wasn't complete, at least I didn't know it was. Maybe he heard it last since he could've recorded last, but I don't think it would've been done.

"Yeah, the one about the brains and people helping people." He nods, taking a sip from his coffee making another foul face, "yeah, I don't know if its the heat this time, but its dirt."

"But, how if it's not done?" I question, my brain traveling to what he just said, "and for the record, you hopped onto my order." I chuckle at him.

"Yeah remind me not to next time," he widens his eyes and shakes his head. "And to answer your question, no its not, but they have a piece of it connected." He tells me.

I look down at his rested hand on the table getting a closer look at the crown tattoo, for some reason it intrigues me. Such a strange tattoo for a boy to get, yet completely goes with his character. It's detailed, and you're able to notice it clearly even if you're at a great distance.

"If you want a better look, you should just ask." He catches me off guard, catching me staring at his tattoo. I look away from it and he laughs as I shift uncomfortably from being caught.

"Here." He places his hand in the middle of the table, "get a better look."

I can't help but look at it again, "it's nice. When did you get it?" I ask him, intrigued as to know why he would tattoo that on his body.

"I got it in jail." Rein tells me blankly.

My eyes widen, "o-oh, that's nice." I pretend to laugh.

Jail? I remember Piper mentioning he was in jail.

"I'm joking, I got it when I was 18." He laughs at my expression, knowing that him saying jail made me a little bit tense.

"You were in jail?" I ask him, looking away from the tattoo and now at him.

He pulls his arms away and crosses them against his chest, "yeah, I was."

"Oh.. why?" I think I'm pushing it by asking, but I already knew. Even before Piper told me I knew about the bar fire, I just didn't know it was him.

"It's a long story." Rein runs his hands through his hair and leans back on his chair.

I want to tell him I've got time so I can hear his side and what he has to say but, I feel like I'd be pushing it. Maybe I'll wait for another day, if I get the chance.

"You're insecure, don't know what for...." I hear from the coffeehouse speaker.

"Oh lord." I shake my head.

"What?" He questions.

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else...." It's a freaking acoustic version of What Makes You Beautiful.

I make a disgusted face and notices, "Oh" he laughs.

"Usually this place really good music, but I guess not today." I roll my eyes and grab the coffee from the table, gathering my items.

He looks taken back from me getting up, "are you leaving?" He gets up too.

He doesn't understand, at least I don't think he does.

"Yes." I begin to walk towards the exit of the coffeehouse. He catches up to me and grabs my forearm gently. I'm taken back by his gentle grip and stop in my tracks. "What are you doing?"

"Do you need a ride?" Rein asks me, looking down at me. His tall figure much larger than mine.

"No, I'm going to walk." I tell him. He releases my arm and I let it rest against my bag.

"No you aren't, let me take you home." He insists, shaking his car keys in front of my face. That's why he got here so fast, he was in a vehicle.

"No, it's okay." I protest to him, but I knew he wasn't going to let this down.

"It's cold and drizzly outside, it's not like I'm going to kidnap you." Rein says seriously.

I think about what he says, and turn my head to look out the window. It is really cold and I don't want to walk.

"Fine."

Let me know what you think! Dramaaaa is ahead for be warned, vote & comment!
- xo jess