prologue

She worked her way through a cheap pack of cigarettes
Hard liquor mixed with a bit of intellect
And all the boys, they were saying they were into it
Such a pretty face, on a pretty neck

She's driving me crazy, but I'm into it, but I'm into it
I'm kind of into it
It's getting crazy, I think I'm losing it, I think I'm losing it

Oh, I think she said, "I'm having your baby, it's none of your business.
I'm having your baby, it's none of your business (it's none of your, it's none of your).
I'm having your baby (hey), it's none of your business.
I'm having your baby (hey), it's none of your, it's none of your."

••

You know that one song, Kiwi? By Harry Styles? Yeah that one.

When my dad wrote that song, he was referring to my mother. Yes, she's the girl he wrote the song about. I'm sure most know that by now, but I am here to confirm it. Most assumed that it was about some model or about one of the girls my dad was seen with, but they were wrong.

That part where he says, "I'm having your baby, its none of your business." Those are the exact words my mother told him when she found out she was pregnant. Why he named the song 'Kiwi' I have no clue.

My mother, Anastasia "Anna" Taylor, at the time was my dads keyboardist for his solo band. She had only decided to join the band because the job would pay good. She was 18 at the time and had no intentions on going to college. Before him, she was waiting tables and playing the keyboard for the band her and a group of friends had created. My dad discovered her when she was playing at a bar in New York, liked the way she played. He convinced her to leave the band she was in by bribing her with a drink at the bar, even though she was underage.

Harry, which I'm sure most already know his facts so i'll spare some details, was at the peak in his career. 'One Direction' was on a permanent hiatus and my dad wasn't ready to give up being a musician. He had already made it big, but he wanted to go even further. Starting up his solo career was tough for him. He had no band, didn't have three other bandmates to help him and most importantly, didn't have any new songs written.

From what I know, my dad and mom would hook up on the side and tried to keep it a secret for as long as they could. But not even after a year of hooking up, my mom got pregnant with me. They weren't in a relationship or anything because my dad didn't want one, thus why he was only hooking up with her. My mother, on the other hand, had developed feelings after a month of being intimate with him. So that line, "I'm having your baby, it's none of your business" is what my mom told my dad after she confessed to him how she felt. According to my mother, that song was how he confessed to her as well. She caught onto all the little hints the song had and she realized that he had felt the same way.

They eloped soon after news broke out to the media that she was going to be expecting. For years they were a happy couple and we were a happy family, no one could come between the three of us.

But things started to change when I turned about 13. He was staying out all night, coming home days late. He wouldn't look at my mom the way he used to and he made it seem like he had no time for the both of us.

The night my dad came home one with another girl's perfume on him was my mother's breaking point. Lipstick was smudged all over his mouth and his breath reeked of whiskey. It wasn't long until my mom found out the truth.

Paparazzi had been stalking him all night and leaked photos of him with a girl younger than my mom. An upcoming actress that no one had really heard of.

I remember my mom yelling at my dad, "Who is she?" from across the hallway, constantly trying to get the answer out of him, but like the coward he is, he didn't respond.

That was also the night my dad or should I say Harry, packed up his shit and left.

••

- Ugh, it hurts my heart to portray Harry this way.
- This is a short prologue, but I'm just trying to start off the story in an interesting way, haha (:
- Hope you liked it! Please vote and share!

All the love - J <3