thirteen

"we are all born beautiful, yet the greatest tragedy is to be convinced that we are not."

thirteen; dates

thirteen; dates

Stepping onto the Clearwater porch Declan clears his throat while adjusting his dress shirt as he rings the doorbell.

Hearing various footsteps echo through his ears he smiles when he sees Seth and Sue Clearwater open the door before him.

"Hey Seth, hi Mrs. Clearwater."

"I told you to call me Sue a thousand times Declan."

The caramel haired boy chuckles before handing her the bouquet he was holding. "I know."

Leah steps between them and smiles. Declan clears his throat his heart pounding. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you."

Grabbing her hand he assists her off the pitch before Seth laughs. "Have fun guys, don't do anything I wouldn't do."

Leah rolls her eyes. "You wouldn't do anything Seth."

He crosses his arms. "That's not true."

Lean scoffs a smile on her face. "You don't leave the house."

Declan laughs along with Sue at the siblings' banter.

Opening her door for her Declan smiles and then slides into the driver's seat. "Ready?"

"Ready." She grins as they pull off and onto the road.

"So, where are we going?" She inquires gesturing to her outfit, which consists of a red dress and flats.

"That's a surprise."

"Declan?"

"Yes?"

"What are we doing?"

He is silent for a moment. "Uh, going to dinner?"

She rolls her eyes a smile gracing her lips. "Yes Dec, I got that. But I mean this, what are we?"

He glances over her for a moment. "What do you want this to be?"

"I don't know."

He pulls into a parking spot. "Leah?"

"Yes?"

"Would you let me have the honor of being my girlfriend?"

She clears her throat quietly silence falling upon them before Declan speaks. "I'm sorry, did I do something wrong?

She shakes her head her curls bouncing slightly. "No, no you didn't."

"You don't have to answer now, I can wait."

Leah looks to the boy. "Why are you so nice to me?"

He frowns his eyebrows furrowed. "Leah, why wouldn't I be kind to you? You are a wonderful person."