D̺͆r̺͆e̺͆a̺͆m̺͆s̺͆ a̺͆n̺͆d̺͆ n̺͆i̺͆g̺͆h̺͆t̺͆m̺͆a̺͆r̺͆e̺͆s̺͆

"...Ughm?!"

His face flushed the deepest red as he spluttered out his reply coated with pure shock and surprise. The blush spread all the way down his face, even going as far as to cover the very tops of his ears.

"Seriously? I ask you to marry me and all you say is ughm?!"

Kokichi was staring at the other male, not believing the answer he had just received. Sure it was out of the blue but maybe he should never of never have opened his mouth.. there were so many emotions; he was angry and bewildered at himself at the same time, but overall pissed off with Shuichi. Surely after all they had gone through, he'd get a better answer than that!

Shuichi's hear was racing. He'd already messed up with his initial reaction so he needed to carefully construct an answer. What were the possible answers..? Yes or No, right? On the one hand, he definitely didn't want to say no; his love was too deep for a rejection of that capacity, but if he said yes, weren't they moving too soon? Plus what if he was simply being swept up in the moment.. and blindly agreed without saying anything then regretted it later?

It was a delicate situation to say the least. If he didn't give an answer soon enough, Kokichi would simply leave or make a joke and then they would never talk about it every again; he knew how the other male worked and ticked so he needed to be incredibly delicate and precise as if he was disabling an active bomb.

"It's not a no, but not a yes.. it's a.. maybe." Sure it was generic but it was also genuine, "We haven't been dating for that long after all. I just need time, can you give me that? It's just there are too many factors I haven't thought through and-"

GoldenSquidGoddess I saw this and the first thing I said outloud was, 'Oh

GoldenSquidGoddess I saw this and the first thing I said outloud was, 'Oh.. oh, the edge.. oh I love it.' And that still holds up days later.  I have to say that my favourite bit where Kokichi and Shuichi are near the left, middle? Everyone say your favourite sections! Anywho, please comment and follow and show this person love! It's really good.

..........................................................................................................................................................................

"Factors? Ya can't be serious with me right now~ Nishishi.. f-factors." Kokichi's reaction fell as his face stiffened into a colder and sterner one, he let out a small laugh before spitting out another sentence, "No, stop being a stupid idiot detective for one second! The only factor or whatever is whether you want to marry me! That's it! Bravo, it's not that difficult!"he waited around for a few more moments for a reply but as he saw Shuichi fail to come up with one, he stormed out of the dorm, attempting to slam it but failing at the last second, the heavy door suspended, just touching the frame.

It was scary to Shuichi at how angry he had just seen his boyfriend to be. It was understandable.. but that didn't make it any less nerve wracking. It made his heart thump and pound heavily in his chest, and his voice catch in his throat. So without another thought, he gave chase, slamming the door after he dashed off.