🌠Twenty-first chapter🌠

Start from the beginning

"Absolutely not. You look like badass goddess. Everybody watch out, bitch Ariana is coming for ya!" She shouted and I laughed. I looked myself for the last time and now the make-up doesn't look that bad. Bitch Ariana is coming for ya'll. Especially for you, Leclerc.

-

"Have a nice evening ladies," a young guard next to the entrance to the palace smiled at us and let us inside.

"My evening is already nice when I'm seeing you," Carola winked at him and he slightly blushed. I rolled my eyes and pulled my best friend inside.

"What? He was cute" she lifted her hands in the air when she saw my glare. I rolled my eyes again. The evening doesn't even start and she is already flirting with some dude.

"Ms. Lacroix!  It's pleasure to see you here," Prince Albert II. with his wife appeared in front of us, "and who is this young lady?" He looked at me and I suddenly didn't know what to say, my brain was out of order. I don't know how it's by you,  but Prince of Monaco is not talking to me every day.

"This is Ariana Andretti," Carola saw that I'm out of words and introduced me to the royal family. I did a little obeisance, my eyes like ping pong balls.

"Are you Charles Leclerc's mysterious fosterdaughter?" Princess Charlene asked with a sweet smile. Monaco is really a small world.

"I guess I am," I shrugged, "it's a plesure to meet you."
Royal couple wished us a happy evening and then they left to greet another guests. Finally I was able to catch my breath.

"They are cool, aren't they?" Carola nudged my shoulder waking me up from the trance.

"How can you be so calm? Fricking Albert II. was talking to us!" I was definitely not calm, my heart was pounding like crazy and I'm sweating more than I should.

"Well it's not the first time for me..."

"FIRST DANCE!" Someone shouted, "Dance of the Knights by Prokofiev." I looked around and I immediately noticed Charles talking with some young guy. I feel like I know him from somewhere...

"Crap, we need to find a partner," Carola started slightly panic. Charles was looking at me, waiting for my next steps. Some girl ran to him, but he politely rejected her. Yeah,  because he wants me of course.

"I'm taking Charles and you take that fella next to him," I ordered and started walking to two young men standing at one place.

"Wait, I don't even know who is he. I can't just casually ask him," Carola whispered while she was trying to walk as fast as me, almost breaking her heels.

"Me neither," was all I could say before we reached Charles and the other guy who turned out to be Sérgio Sette Câmara, another driver.

"May I have this dance, Mr. Leclerc?" I politely asked and bowed down with a neutral face.

"You may," he said coldly and took my hand. I quickly nodded at Carola to make her move too. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see the result, because Charles dragged us in the middle of the dance floor. We started dancing and I had to admit that he is really good.