🌠Twenty-first chapter🌠

Começar do início

"Wow, you look amazing," I jumped when Carola behind me spoke up.

"Madonna mia, you scared me woman!" I put my hand on my chest, breathing heavily.

"Stop being such a drama queen, " Car rolled her eyes and chuckled, "but seriously you should totally take that dress."

"You think? " I asked while I was twirling around. This dress will bring so much attention to me and I don't know if I'm ready for it.

"Totally. Charles won't be able to find his jaw after he will see you!"

-

"Right we have dresses and now I need to teach you how to dance waltz. I called Arthur to join us too," After Carola said that someone knock on the door, "coming!" she shouted and ran to the door while I was looking for note sheets of some classical ball songs. None of the Leclerc family is coming, Pascalle is still mourning,  Lorenzo is not here and Arthur will leave for the races in the evening. So it's only Charles.

"Arthur is here, so we can start," Carola clapped her hands, "Ari, play something and me with Arthur will show you how to waltz." I started playing On The Beautiful Blue Danube by Johann Strauss, one of the few classicall songs I can play. Playing on piano is easy to learnbut hard to master. At the same time I was paying attention to the pair trying to show me the basics. It actually look easy. Not just look, it was easy for me to learn it. I'm a natural talent.

-

Next day Charles came back from Red Bull Ring where he won the feauture race. However that doesn't change his reticence to me. I didn't bother with him and went to Carola to get ready for the ball. I bet that he didn't even notice I'm gone.

"You and Charles are still on thin ice?" Carola raised her eyebrow while she was doing my make-up. I nodded my head,  trying not to ruin her work, ,,why?"

"Let's say I drank more than I should and I was doing things I shouldn't have." Carola hummed Okay and started doing my hair. She clearly wants to know more,  but she respects the fact I don't want to talk about it.

"And done," she smirked and I looked at myself in the mirror. What should I say? This is clearly not a decent make-up. I'm not saying that Carola did it bad, but...

"Isn't it too much?" I asked her while I was studying my huge eyelines. I look like batwoman now.