Chapter 4 - Jimmy & Carly's Joint 18th Birthday Party

"Guess what?" Cried Bob, in a very, very high pitched voice. Much higher than usual.
"You turned into a child?" H replied, sarcastically.
"No, silly! I inhaled a-helium from a balloon!" Bob smiled.
"Holy flip, please no," H complained.
Tea Party gasped and yelled, "Oh my gosh! That's such a good idea, Person-I've-Never-Met-Before! I'm gonna do that too!"
"EVEN MORE NO!" Yelled H.

"Wait, Tea Party doesn't know Bob?" Emilia asked Jimmy, confused.
"No. Everybody lost their memories, remember?" He replied.
Emilia sighed, feeling guilty, "O-oh.. yeah. I remember.."
"Emzi, it's not your fault!" Jimmy cried, trying to reassure his best friend.
"Just give it a rest. Stop trying to make me feel better. It's fine. I accept that it's partly my fault. Just let it go. Stop being.. so.." she said, almost crying.
"So.. what?" Jimmy asked, genuinely curious.
"So.. nice.." sighed Emilia, "You're too nice, Jimmy. I just don't get it! How do you do it?"
"Hey. Just.. let's calm down and enjoy the day. No one cries on my birthday! Well, actually Carly's, but it's our joint party, so whatever."
Emilia smiled weakly, "Alright. I'll try to enjoy the day. Thank you for being such a good friend. All the time."

Everyone had suddenly gone from knowing everyone, and being at each other's houses all the time to knowing no one but their families. It didn't feel right. Everything felt so strange and unnatural. So many people were actually missing because they didn't know each other like Briar, Rosalina, Daring (although no one could say they were disappointed about that), and TicToc.

Tea Party opened up a balloon, put it to her mouth as quickly as possible, and sucked up all the helium inside so that, like Bob, her voice would go very high.

"OH MY GOSH LISTEN TO MY VOICE!" She screeched so loudly that everyone had to cover their ears in order to avoid a severe headache.
"Shut up, would you?" Pearl told her.
"Oh, haha, whoopsies!" Tea Party whispered-shouted in return, "Actually, y'know, I recognise you. I just can't for the life of me figure out why!"
"To be honest, I kinda agree. Who exactly are you?" Asked Pearl, curiously.
"Well, y'know my brother Jimmy?" Tea Party chirped. Pearl nodded, "That's my brother!"
Pearl rolled her eyes and said sarcastically, "Really? No, I thought he was your dad!"
"You know what I mean!" Laughed Tea Party, playfully shoving Pearl away.
"Hey, actually, you guys were friends for like.. four years and then you lost your memories and that's why you don't know each other!" Carly smiled, cheerfully.
"Wait, Carly, hold up," started Emilia, approaching them, "When did you get your memory back?"
"I didn't!" She beamed.
Emilia cocked her head in confusion, "So.. wait.. how'd you know they were friends for four years?"
"I dunno. Guess they just seem like they would've been," chirped Carly.
"Alright. I'm not gonna say anything," Emilia said to herself, while walking away.

Jimmy was sitting alone in the kitchen, balancing a spoon on the end of his finger. Emilia walked in and he embarrassedly slammed the spoon down on the countertop as he looked up at her.

"Hey," she greeted.
"Hey," he replied.
Emilia sat down on the barstool beside him, smiled comfortingly and said, "How come you're sitting alone in here? I thought you were the one who told me to enjoy your birthday party."
Jimmy laughed quietly as he said, "Well.. I don't care about me as much. It's more you. I want you to be happy."
"It's your eighteenth birthday - well, that was a week ago, but still - you should be enjoying yourself. Not sitting down here all alone, playing with a spoon. What kind of birthday is that?" Asked Emilia.

Jimmy gazed into her eyes as she grabbed him by the hand and they ran to the living room together to join the others and have fun.
_______________________________________________

Author's Note

This was kinda short but I wrote it in about half an hour leave me alone. 😂

This episode and the episode before (which I skipped) weren't that good. They were basically the same thing and about five minutes long. Pretty pointless if you ask me. The chapter may be short and a bit boring, but definitely a lot better since it has an added scene in the kitchen.

Guess that's all I have to say for now. Bye!

-KP x