Chapter 3 - The Airport..

TicToc had somehow been teleported back to Spain, very close to the prison she'd been in for most of her life. Realising that the guards would probably recognise her, she had to get as far away as possible. She ran to the airport as quickly as possible, hoping to get a flight back to Ohio, despite having no money. She'd probably just end up sneaking onto a flight, being the criminal she was.

In the seating area, for some reason, Carly's friends from school were all there; Leila, Luna, Aria, and Emma, except TicToc didn't recognise them because she'd never seen them before in her life.

She wasn't looking, and ended up walking to the boarding gate. Since she was the only person in line to get through, the flight attendant, Fernando, started speaking to her.
"Holá, person who I have seen before," he said, "Why are you here? Shouldn't you be with an adult?"
"Uh.. what?" TicToc replied confused.
"What is your name, child?" Asked Fernando.
"My name is TicToc," she introduced herself.
Fernando smiled slightly as he said, "Ah, TitoToya, What a lovely name."
TicToc blinked at him a few times before asking, "No, I said TicToc. Unless.. well, okay. Guess my name is TitoToya now. Close enough, anyway."
"Yes, TitoToya," Fernando smiled, "That sounds about right."
TicToc smiled awkwardly as she said, "Well, uh.. I gotta go now. Um.. bye," and she ran off.

After a short while of waiting in the seating area, someone sat next to her so she said, "Holá."
The person who she was talking to replied the same way, but didn't say anything more after that. Instead, they stood up and walked to the other side of the room.
"Rude," sighed TicToc, as someone else approached her.
"Hello, child!" She cried in a very strange voice.
"Uh.. hi?" Replied TicToc, confused.
"I know Spanisho! I know the language!" The woman squealed, clapping her hands excitedly.
"Good for you..? But uh.. it's actually Spanish or Español, not Spanisho," TicToc corrected her.
"Oh! You are a very smart child! Very clever. My name is Corendal Lana!" The woman beamed.
TicToc smiled awkwardly once more as she said, "Uh.. that's nice. Can you not-" But she was cut off.
"ESPAÑOL!" Screeched Corendal.
TicToc ran back towards Fernando as he grinned and said, "Oh, hello again.. uh.. TatiToh!"
"Hi, there's a crazy woman chasing me!" Cried TicToc, losing her breath slightly.
"Ohhhhh, I know who you're talking about. Don't worry, that is just Corendal. She is the flight attendant for this plane. She will not really do anything. She's just very, very annoying," Replied Fernando, casually.
TicToc glared at him before running to the bathroom to hide until the plane was ready for boarding.

Eventually, someone announced the boarding for the flight to Ohio, so TicToc left the bathroom, and ran towards the gates. She hid in amongst a relatively large group of people as they all boarded together so she wouldn't get caught. As soon as she was on that plane, she ran all the way to back, and sat on the furthest back available seat. Finally. Peace and quiet. No worries. No stress. As soon as this plane took off, she was safe from being thrown off. It was all she had been looking for all day. A break.

The peace and quiet didn't last for long however, because after the demonstration of what to do in an emergency, Corendal sat down beside her. Great.

"Hello!" She yelled, "You are very smart for figuring out how to get on this plane without an adult or even a ticket!"
TicToc stared her dead in the eye as she whisper-shouted, "I did not sneak on to this plane! My parents are here, it's just.. we couldn't get seats together. That's all. Now shut up, would you?!"
"Oh, okay," Corendal winked. Suddenly she gasped while staring at TicToc as the plane took off, "You're not wear your seat belt! That's illegal!"
"Uh.. well, y'know what? I'm gonna move away from you now, bye," TicToc said quickly.
Corendal grabbed her arm and said casually, "No, because that is illegal."
Confused, TicToc replied, "What..?"
"It is very illegal!" Grinned Corendal, cheerfully.
TicToc glared at her, "Who- what- how did- how are you like.. well.. you?"
"I am one of Santa's elves from the North Pole!" Corendal cried.
"Sorry.. what?" Asked TicToc.
"I work for Father Christmas. Saint Nick. Piérre Noël. Santa Claus!"
"Are you sure about that?"
"Yes."
"Well guess what? My birthday is Christmas Day so that's kinda ironic."
"But that's illegal!"
"What? How??"
Corendal grinned, "Because it's stealing someone's birthday. Jesus's birthday."
"Wait, but.. you can't just steal a birthday. You don't choose the day you're born."
"Oh yes you do. I chose to be born on the sixteenth of July!"
"So are you.. a Cancer or Leo? Cancer, right?"
"Random question, but yes, I am in fact a Gemini!"
"Uhh.. that's impossible?"
"No it's not. My birthday is on the twenty-fourth of May!"
TicToc stayed silent for a few moments before saying, "A-alright then..?"
"So. As an elf, I travel around the world. I go from the North Pole, to Australia, to Russia, to Spain, to England, to America in that order! It's very fun!" Blurted Corendal from nowhere.
"Why that specific order? It doesn't make sense. And do you ever stop anywhere else?" Asked TicToc.
"No. Specifically those places. Just them," Corendal smiled.
"Uhh, okay," TicToc replied, awkwardly, turning her head towards the window, trying to ignore the crazy woman beside her.
"I like being a chef!" Cried Corendal.
"Okay, what exactly are you?" TicToc asked, getting slightly irritated.
"I'm a chef, duh!" Corendal chirped.
"..Okay, well, have fun in your own world. I'm gonna watch the clouds and the sea. Have a nice trip."
"Wow, you kids nowadays are so polite," Corendal grinned.

After a few hours, once the plane landed in Ohio, TicToc ran as far from the airport as her tiny legs could manage, and stopped to rest beneath a tree, where she slept for the rest of the day.
_______________________________________________

Author's Note

Me and DJ were working on a video where we read all of the lines from the TBF books in the characters' voices! It's really fun.
I'll link it whenever it's finished.

-KP x