Chapter 2 - FATE

Jimmy opened his laptop and launched a Would You Rather game that he would sometimes play with his friends. Tea Party came into the room and kept bugging her older brother, but she left fairly quickly.

As Jimmy waited for a server with space, he hummed Sincerely, Me to himself, and wondered what Emilia was doing at that exact moment. Probably sitting at home, reading a book, or playing some sort of video game. He smiled.

Suddenly, the words "Joining Server" appeared on his screen, so he readied his mouse, and waited for it to load. Once he was in, he got to customise his avatar, so he made it look fairly similar to him, except he couldn't find a t-shirt that looked anything like his favourite blue one with a green Yin Yang, so instead, he settled for a white and blue shirt. Jimmy then proceeded to the actual game, after finishing with his avatar, and began answering some questions.

The first one was:
Would you rather..
Be a robot or be an alien?

"Oh, robot for sure. Heck yeah. Aliens are creepy!" Jimmy said aloud to himself.

The song Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger then came on, so Jimmy sang along. The next question was less fortunate:
Would you rather..
Eat mud or eat poop?
_______________________________________________

Author's Note

I swear I'm not making this up, these were actually the questions in the game. I am so sorry. 😂

Anyways, back to the story.

-KP x
_______________________________________________

Jimmy wasn't actually able to choose because he didn't notice the questions until the last minute, and he was already standing on the poop side so he kinda just had to stick with it. Then the song came on. Lovely.

Embarrassed at what he was unintentionally listening to, he tried to distract himself by reading through the chat. Luckily, it worked, but definitely not in the way he expected.
"Emilia's here??" He cried, falling backwards off of his chair, "But.. there are so many servers, and I didn't invite her! How did that happen??"
"Hey," Emilia said in the chat, but only really wanted to talk to Jimmy.
"Uh.. hi..!" He replied, both out loud and digitally, "How did you get here?"
"What do you mean?" Asked Emilia.
Jimmy replied, "Like.. how did you end up in the same game as me?"
"Oh, that's easy. Fate brought us together," Emilia typed.
"What..?" Jimmy asked, blushing a lot in real life.
"I.. uh.. I didn't mean it like that! I just meant cause.. we're best friends, y'know?" Replied Emilia.
"Yeah," said Jimmy, except the conversation was getting drowned out by everyone else.

Both Jimmy and Emilia decided to actually play, and it was quite fun with them both there. They usually picked the same answers, due to their extremely similar personalities, but that wasn't the case all the time.

Outside of the virtual world, Jimmy was constantly singing songs like Spooky Scary Skeketons and The Night Begins to Shine. He wasn't quite sure why.

One of the questions in the middle of the game was:
Would you rather..
Be in Gryffindor or be in Slytherin?

Both Jimmy and Emilia rushed to Gryffindor, knowing that was their official house and loving Harry Potter. For some reason, their avatars looked like Newt Scamander afterwards, and the Harry Potter theme song played. After this, the game continued (obviously).

One of the questions was:
Would you rather..
Be a gingerbread man or be a snowman?

Both Jimmy and Emilia went for gingerbread man, and when their avatars changed, Jimmy started singing "I'm a gingerbread man!" over and over in a high pitched voice. Obviously, it wasn't a real song. He just made up a random tune and some lyrics to go along with it.

Just before they left the server, Jimmy and Emilia agreed to meet up, like they always did, but this time it felt different. It felt like they'd become friends all over again.
_______________________________________________

Author's Note

Uh.. short chapter. This episode was good and bad at the same time. The fact that it was actually a gaming video, and that Jimmy and Tea Party were the only actual voices in it, that was pretty cool. But the quality and the game.. no. 😂

Anyways, goodbye!

-KP x