Chapter Forty-Three

Chapter Forty-Three

Kai's Pov

Christmas Day

"Kai! Kai! Wake up, it's Christmas!" Payton said jumping on me like a little kid.

"Ok, I'm up." I said waking up.

"C'mon c'mon,let's go downstairs." He said grabbing my hand. I got up and he was basically dragging me all the way downstairs to where my parents, Marcus, Tyler, Joseph and Donna were at.

"Merry Christmas guys, I didn't think you guys would come on Christmas Day." I said to Donna, Joseph and Tyler.

"And miss our first Christmas with you? Never." Donna said, standing up giving me a hug. I looked over and saw Marcus just staring into blank space, as if he was like a vegetable.

Marcus hasn't talked to me at all ever so nice that altercation with Bryson. I tried to talk to him but he would just ignore me. I'm trying this time, hoping that he'll talk to me. It sucks not having a brother that won't talk to you. I began to feel some type of way

"Hey Marcus, can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked. He just looked at me.

"DeMarcus, go talk to your brother...now." Mom said. Marcus slowly got up and and walked towards me. We walked in the kitchen and closed the double doors.

"What do you want Malachi?" He said boring tone. When ever Marcus calls me by my full name. He's not happy with me.

"Listen, I just need you to know that I'm not gonna say sorry for what I did. I felt like it was the right thing to do, because for god sakes he kissed you." I said.

"Yeah, he kissed me. What's wrong with that?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"So..you're gay?" I asked.

"I don't like to label myself. I just like what I like and Bryson....I liked him, and I still do, and you just kicked him out like he was this piece of shit who sexually assaulted me."

"But bro he's eighteen, he's basically a grown man, and you're a child. I'm sorry I just don't understand how you can just let someone who's ten times your age make out with you."

"Excuse me you fucking hypocrite, but isn't Payton twenty motherfucken four years old? Isn't he twice your motherfucken age?" He said.

"What me in Payton got is far different fro-"

"Is it really though?" Marcus said. He took a big sigh and sat on the kitchen island.

"Look, me and Bryson met on Tinder because me and Cameron were bored as hell, so we downloaded the app. When I found him, he was just so beautiful, everything about him. Every feature, every insecurity. We talked for hours upon hours about different things and I connected with him on a deeper level. He told me about his home life. He told me that his dad is an alcoholic and his older brother is a crackhead. His mom died because his father beat her to death. He soon then went to jail, but he didn't stay long. He had to look over his brother because he would go out and be laid out on the ground the morning after not remembering a goddamn thing. Bryson told me that he cries every night because he just wants a better life for himself and that's why he went to college. To break that family curse of people who didn't better themselves. He calls me every single night to just check in and tells me he hopes I have sweet dreams. When we met in person by you bringing him here, We agreed that we were not gonna do anything explicit until I'm of age, but that shit you pulled the other night was uncalled for my dude." Marcus said.