Chapter Fifty-One

Chapter Fifty-One

Kai's Pov

"He said that?" Chandler asked. As we were walking around campus together. As soon as I left the house I knocked on Chandler and Vanessa's dorm and Chandler answered.

Vanessa was already in class, getting extra credit on a subject she was struggling in. I asked if I could stay for a bit and she said that it was perfectly fine. I told her everything that went down and the fact that I have a daughter. She was shocked and happy, basically begging me to be her godmother.

"Yes, he did, like why would you bring up something that's so personal and compare it to something that's so traumatic." I said.

"He was absolutely wrong for what he said. Trying to victim blame and shit after what happened to you. Me and him are gonna have a talk once I see him." I just nodded and kept on walking, but Chandler stopped in front of me and hugged me.

"I love you Kai. From the moment I seen you walking with Payton I just knew that you were gonna end up being one of my closest friends. What happened to you was disgusting and uncalled for. Archie deserved whatever he got. I'm sure Payton but him in his rightful place. Just remember, you have me, Vanessa and Payton to talk to." She said.

"Yeah Payton did try to talk to me saying I need a therapist. I get what he's saying but let me decide that for myself. I don't want anyone making decisions for me cause it pisses me off."

"Understandable, feel free to stay with me and Vanessa as long as you want. If we need to get you a extra bed then so be it." Chandler said.

"Thank you." I replied.

"Anything for my asian persuasion." Chandler said.

"Chandler shut up with your cringy ass." I chuckled.

"What ever, let's just go to class. I want to know more about Onika."

"Wanna see a pic of her now?"

"Duhh!" I pull out my phone and showed her a picture of me holding Onika while making a funny face making her laugh.

"Oh my god, she looks just like you."

"I know, that's my baby girl. She's gonna hate me once she turn sixteen."

"Why you say that?"

"Because imma be on her ass 24/7 specially when little boys or girls try to talk to her."

"Ohhh you're gonna be one of those dads."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I grinned.

"Look, just know that I'm gonna be the godmother who actually let her do stuff when she's at my house."

"You know on second thought I don't want you to be her godmother." I chuckled.

"Damn, that joke you just said was so funny I forgot to laugh." Chandler said.

"Let just get to class." I said, linking Chandler's arm with mine.

"So when are you gonna speak to Payton again?" She asked.

"I don't know...whenever I feel like it's the right time. I still love him. I just need him to understand that what he said was wrong, even though he said sorry, but sorry doesn't cut it."

"You're right, just try to have a good day, promise?" Chandler said.

"Promise." I replied.

W H E N A J O C K L O V E S H A R D