Chapter Fifty

Chapter Fifty

Marcus's Pov

"Water is wet you guys! I'm not about to argue with y'all." I said eating my lunch with a group of friends.

"Bro you're literally dumb as fuck. Water is not wet. If you submerge your body in a body of water you're not wet." Xavier said.

"But what about when you get out, you're fucking wet bumfuck. Therefore water is wet." I said.

"Can we just sit down and have lunch like regular people, cause both of you are bugging me the fuck out right now Reese said, munching on his chips. 

My phone began to ring. I grab my phone out of my pocket and it was Bryson. I haven't talked to him since that incident happened.

"Guys I'll be right back." I said. I got up and I walked outside the cafeteria.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey Marcus, how's it going?" He asked.

"It's going good. Just having lunch with my homies. What's good?" I asked.

"Oh nothing...I just wanted to say...I missed you...a lot." He said. A smile crept up on my face.

"I missed you too." I said.

"I just want to clear some things up before you head back to lunch." Bryson said.

"Ok."

"So me and Kai are cool again."

"That's wonderful."

"But there's also something else."

"What is it?"

"For right now....I want to be just friends." He said. My heart dropped. I really like Bryson and I really wanted to go out with him. First Kai said we had to be friends and now Bryson himself?

"Ok, I'm cool with that." I said.

"No you're not."

"Yes I am. I understand that you just want to be just friends because of my age." I said walking up and down the empty high school hallway.

"And I have a lot on my plate. With all these tests that's coming up, and football. I just want you to be the appropriate age before we can act and do things as a couple." He said.

"You think you can wait five years for me when the time comes?"  I asked.

"I mean, we can try...but you'll always me my Hershey kiss." He said. I blushed and smiled like and idiot.

"And you'll always be my redheaded devil." I said.

"Well I have to go....call me later though. I want to know how you're day went." Bryson said.

"I will."

"I'm serious, call me later."

"I will." I laughed.