Part Six: O Filakas Ton Biblion

Start from the beginning

"Ooh," my best friend clapped her hands, excitedly. "You had me at antique store. I'm tagging along. I might find something cool there."

It was a short walk to the antique shop, mainly because my mind had been racing with so many questions for this woman. I was really hoping to figure out what was going on, but deep down I knew the answers were pretty obvious.

When I pushed open the door to the antique shop, I instantly felt a chill run through my body. Lexa didn't seem to sense anything, but she casually draped an arm over my shoulder. "Okay, I think I'm in heaven." She said in awe, as she stared wide eyed at the things in the room.

"Not gonna lie, this place gives me the creeps," I looked around and it had seemed a lot creepier than the last time I was here.

My best friend laughed and untangled herself from me, but she didn't stray too far away from me. "Let's see if we can find the owner." We went to the desk but no one was there. I ringed the bell, but no one came. It was only when I spun around, I saw a girl, she looked like she was my age leaning against a shelf, staring at us.

She was beautiful, but these past few days, I've grown accustomed to meeting with beautiful people.

"Um...hi?" I said in the form of a question. A tad bit freaked out by her staring. Her expression wasn't scary, but it still scared me. She kinked an eyebrow in response to me. "The old woman...is she still here? I bought this book from her," I pulled it out of my bag and showed her it. Recognition flashed in the girl's eyes, but she still didn't say anything. "I have so many questions and I need to speak with her."

"Apla prepei na pistepseis," she said in a very thick Greek accent. She moved away from the shelf and approached me. "You lack the faith."

Lexa looked between the strange girl and I, obviously confused as to what was happening.

"What do you mean 'You just need to believe?" I asked her. That's what she had said in Greek. The elderly shop keeper had told me something around the same lines.

"I mean," she took the book from my hands and twirled it in hers. "The answers are right there staring you in the face, you just refuse to believe it."

"Wait, wait," Lexa raised a hand to stop the girl from talking. "Firstly, who on earth are you?"

The girl smirked. "I'm sorry, where are my manners? My name is Octavia Avgeropoulos, and I'm o filakas ton biblion."

The book keeper?

What the fuck?

"Where's the old woman who was here? I got this from her a couple weeks ago," I pointed at the journal.

Octavia nodded. "She's my grandmother and  unfortunately she passed away about two weeks ago. So whatever questions you have, I'd probably be able to answer them but to an extent." She shrugged. I was getting the vibe that she was enjoying my confusion and she wasn't going to make it easy for me to get any answers.

"Questions? Answers? The book keeper?" Lexa turned to question me. "Lauren, what the fuck is going on?"

"I'd explain but I'm clueless, Lex," I told her truthfully. Even though I had some belief that the journal was behind everything, I was still confused and didn't want to believe it. "Well, I mean, I don't really know where to begin."

Octavia pulled up a chair and took a seat. She still had my journal in her hands; twirling it. She kicked her feet up and looked between my friend and I. "Start from the beginning." She instructed me.

If I could have rolled my eyes any harder, they probably would have fallen out. "I got this journal from a crazy old woman. No offense," I told Octavia who shrugged in response. "And she told me it was Aphrodite's journal."