Part Six: O Filakas Ton Biblion

Start from the beginning

Elena didn't say anything for a few moments. Until she sighed and shrugged. "Things are okay with me, and home is well...home."

"Hey," I said softly, causing her to look up at me. "If you ever want to talk, you know you can talk to me, right?"

She nodded and looked away from me. "Have you ever felt like you made a mistake?" I wasn't quite sure as to what she was getting at. I mean, sure we've all made mistakes and regretted it, to the point of wishing that we could turn back the hands of time.

But what did she mean?

"I'm not quite sure I understand."

Elena pushed her drink away from her, furrowing her eyebrows in frustration. "Well the fucked up truth is that not everything happens for a reason. Sometimes people make the wrong fucking decision and they're forced to live with them for the rest of their lives. And I know I should live with mine, because what other choice do I have?" She stood, and casted her gaze on me, and I could see the pain in them. I wanted to say something, anything to stop her from looking like that, but it wasn't my place anymore.

"What...what are you talking about?" I asked her because I was honestly at a crossroads as to what she meant. A part of me thought she was talking about me, but the rational part, didn't think after all this time she had feelings for me. Nor did I think that she regretted breaking up with me.

It had been so long.

She shook her head, a weak smile on her face. "You've always been so damn dense, Laur." She laughed softly. "I have to...I have to go. Maybe I'll see you around."

And without another word, or another glance in my direction, Elena left me sitting at the table, stunned as to what she had just said.

***

"Where are you going?" Lexa asked me as I shut the door of my room. "We don't have to work today."

I nodded. Of course I knew that, but I just had so many questions about this damned journal. Ever since I got it, things had been so different, and I needed answers.

Firstly, Elena had never said more than a few sentences to me, now she was having full-blown conversations with me, and she wanted to hang out with me. Then, Renee tells me she still has feelings for me?

And how can I forget Camila?

Someone so ethereal and so out of this world, how could she even spare a second glance at me? And then she actually wants to go out on a date with me?

What the fuck was happening?

I may not believe in a lot of things unless there was logic to prove it, but I strongly believed that this journal had something to do with it.

I readjusted my bag strap as I turned to face my best friend. Lexa didn't have any idea as to what was going on and I wasn't sure if I should tell her.

Would she even believe me?

"Where are you going?" I tried to deflect the question rather than answering it.

Lexa laughed. "I was coming to see you, and you're off to God alone knows where. And where is that exactly?"

I sighed heavily, and ran a hand through my hair. "I'm heading back to this antique store. I bought something there a while ago, and I have some questions about it."