"How about we use this box? Daddy will get another for the other rings." I said as I got up from the floor and opened up her jewellery box and placed the remaining rings into it. I didn't do a very good job at hiding this box, they are going to be for her sixteenth birthday. Maybe she could pass them down to her daughter one day.

The thing that scares me the most is that Mace may suffer the same fate as her mother and her grandmother. Callie's mum passed away when Cal was only three years old, the same kind of thing that took my wife's life. We only found out that Callie may inhereit the medical condition during one of our routine prenatal appointments, as her Dad was told that his wife's death was unexplained and probably a once of thing. That was hard to hear and both Cal and Tyson were shocked that it was passed onto her. It's scary thinking about it but at least we can get tests done and hopefully prevent anything from happening to Maci. We had all that planned for Callie after Maci was born but it was too late.

"Here Daddy." she said as she came up to me and as I held out the box she placed the ring inside. Once the ring was in there, I closed it and put it in my pocket. Taking my daughters hand, we walked quietly through the house and out to the car. When we got outside, the rain looked like it had stopped which is good timing. Even if it does rain, we won't care. It's more fun.

"We have cake today Daddy?" Maci asked as we pulled up at our destination. I chuckled and shook my head. She's addicted to cake, I think I'm going to have a little baker in years to come.

"We could make one later if you like, we can make on with Mummy." I smiled to her as I unbuckled her from her car seat. She'll be in her element soon as we are having a huge family gathering to celebrate the July babies that consist of Brax, Lexi, Emmy, Ruby, Maddox and Xahlia all having birthdays close together.

"Yes!" she cheered and did a little fist pump as I let her go. She didn't stay still, she took off and ran through the gates of the cemetery and left me to lock the door and grab the small trowel. As I got closer to the place where Callie rests, I could see Maci moving around the headstone and what looked like she was cleaning. Just like we always do when we come here. I love how she just knows what to do. When I got to her, she was talking her little head off and it was the sweetest thing.

"Daddy makes me a baby sissy. Me gonna pway her and helps." Maci chatted as she placed the small bunch of soursobs that she plucked from the grass next to the headstone. I stopped and just listened to her as I didn't want to disturb her time.

"Meme is gots a sissy too. Untle Tade makes bubby like Daddy too. Untle Rax got lots of bubbies. He not share wif Daddy no." I had to cover my mouth as I almost burst out laughing at what she just said. She is so fucking adorable. I love this little girl so much. Can't believe she just said that Brax doesn't share his kids with me. The things that come out of that little mouth of hers. I heard her sigh and then sit down against the headstone, just like I do so I walked closer and gave her a smile when she loooked up at me.

"Those flowers looks pretty, did you pick them?" I asked her as I got down on my knees in front of her and placed the trowel on the grass. My pocket was bulging with the box that was in it and with the note that I had written last night.

"Yep." she grinned and then picked up the trowel and started to try and dig a whole in the grass. I took a deep breath and reached into my pocket to pull out the box. Once I had it in my hand I placed it onto the ground next to my knees and then grabbed the note. I slowly peeled the folded paper open to read the note once more before I placed it inside the box with the ring.

My Dearest Callie,

Not a day goes by where you're not in my thoughts and dreams. Somedays it feels like you are right beside me and I like to think that you are. I know you are watching over both Mace and I, and I hope that I'm doing the best I can to raise our daughter. She means the world to me and I know you'll be with her each step of her life. I just wish you were here to see the her, she lights up any room she walks into and is loved so much by everyone. She sure will keep me on my toes when she's older.