Maybe Baby

Maybe Baby

5th February 2041 (the night before Cade tells Aidan about the baby)

Aidan's POV

"Night Daddy, wuv you." Mace yawned as I tucked her in to bed. She had her teddy snuggled into the blanket with her and her night light was casting stars around the room. I kissed her softly on her cheek and made sure the covers were tightly secured around her small body.

"Night princess, love you too." I smiled, she really does make me smile. Once I had her all tucked in and her eyes were closed as she drifted off to sleep, I made my way back out to the living room where Georgie was waiting on the couch for me. Sitting down along side her I pulled her body into mine and her head rested on my shoulder as she moulded into my side.

"She made me read that story three times." I chuckled, Georgie had bought Maci the book 'Possum Magic' and she's been hooked to it ever since.

"I told you she would love it, I've had that book since I was little." she said softly as I felt her finger tips lightly tracing circles on my stomach. I love it when she does that, it just makes me fell more relaxed.

"Knowing Maci she'll wear it out that much it will fall apart." I chuckled and kissed Georgie lightly on the top of her head. I admit that I am in love with Georgie, she's the woman I can see myself spending the rest of my life with.

"Nah, that book will last for a few more years yet. We can read it to all our kids babe." she turned my way and smiled, and then rested her head back on my chest. I froze at her words, I didn't know what to say, how to say it. She wants kids, how stupid of me not to think that she wouldn't.

"Babe, we should talk about that." I said now trying to find the right way to tell her, I haven't even told her I love her yet. I never thought we'd be discussing the whole baby thing before those words were said. She sat up and turned to face me and I did the same thing. I grabbed her hands in mine and squeezed them gently, she gave me a smile and I wish I didn't have to do this, but I can't give her the family she wants.

"Babe, I won't be having anymore kids." I whispered, I almost couldn't hear the words slip from my mouth. I gulped when I saw her smile drop from her beautiful face and she let go of my hands.

"Oh." that barely left her lips as she move back a little, her body now not touching any part of mine. My heart was going crazy, am I about to lose her anyway by not giving her a family?

"Is that now or never?" she asked and turned her head away from me, damn it, now I know she's going to cry.

"I'm sorry babe but I don't think I'd be able to give you that, we have Maci babe. She's enough for us and she loves you like if you were her mother." I said now sounding slightly desperate for her to hear my explanation. The way Georgie is with Maci, I knew she was the one to be in her life and even get to one day hear my daughter call her mummy.

"I've always wanted to have a family Aidan, to get to experience everything about making one. Why don't you want anymore children? I thought you would have loved to give Maci a sibling." I can tell by the tone of her voice she's crying, I sighed and moved closer to her and turning her face to look me in the eye.

"I can't lose you Georgie, I love you. I love you babe and if not having a baby means keeping you alive, then that's what I have to do." I said as I cupped her cheeks with my hands, my thumbs wiping away the tears that dripped from those gorgeous eyes.

"You think I'm going to die? Like Callie?" she cried and grabbed my hands and pushed them away. She stood up and walked over to the window that was open so the city lights twinkled through the glass.