Chapter 16

"Well... I don't really know what it is." I say. It wasn't entirely a lie. Of course I know what the quirk was and what was happening, but why it was happening still left me clueless.

"Y/n" He says

It's amazing how just him saying my name makes me tremble.

"Okay, okay. It's my other quirk."

"I could see that or feel it to be exact. What is it?"

His answer shocks me a little.

"Well, all it is, is that I can see souls and take them out of bodys." I say casually, even though I'm sure I was trembling a little in my words.

"Oh you know I can just casually see souls and take them out of body's nothing much." He says in a mocking tone "If it was really that harmless I don't think you would be keeping it a secret in the first place."

"Okay Neito. This quirk is very harmful and a very big secret that I hope you can keep."

He stares at me for a little bit and then starts laughing.

"Of course I can keep it a secret!" He yells

"What?"

"I said 'of course I can keep it!'"

"Okay then... I got this quirk and my other two quirks when I was five-"

"Five!" He yells "Isn't it impossible to get a quirk when your over four?"

"Not impossible. Nothing is impossible. There are just a lot of things that are improbable." I say "Anyways! I got all my quirks when I was five, including this one. After I got these quirks I noticed how the soul keeper quirk was way more powerful than other usual quirks. I just didn't want to stand out and cause people trouble."

"Well okay" He said

We stared at each other for a long time. The silence broke when the sound of helicopters filled our ears.

In the distance beyond the trees, I can see a fire truck.

"Wanna go to it." I say

"Sure just don't get another headache." He says

"If you're so worried about me, then just teleport us there yourself."

"I would, but I don't want to get a headache either."

"What a gentleman."

"Why do you get those headaches anyways?" He asks

"Shush!" I yell "All you need to know is that it has something to do with my soul keeper quirk nothing else!"

He does shush, but really inside, I don't want him to. What does he think? Why is he not scared or jealous? Maybe people are just not like Kachan. Maybe I can show people who I am really.

Or maybe I don't even know myself.

Neito POV:

Ahhhhhhhh!

Why her? Did it have to be her? Maybe it's not her. Maybe it's someone else. No. It's her. It has to be her. But why?

Why do the things I love always have to go away?