Chapter 10

(A/N): I'm so sorry that I'm taking so long to update this! I kind of have writer's block in regards to this story, because it started as some passing thought one night. I didn't expect it to be this big of a hit? Anyway, I'm hoping to update this more frequently. I also have been having so many other fic ideas that I'm just kind of...fanfiction hopping? With my writing? Idk. Anyway, this is another slow chapter, but the next one has a nice surprise! ;)

When Kirishima exited the tent seconds after he had went in to check on his two classmates and the young dragon slayer, he saw Erza, Gajeel and Todoroki setting up the tents that the other group must have used for camp the night before, making a total of four tents. Somebody had apparently decided it was a good idea for Kaminari and Natsu to be in charge building a fire, though Kirishima thought that was a recipe for disaster.

"Why are we camping again? Shouldn't we get moving?" Kaminari was asking, even though he continued to build the fire. It was only about mid-afternoon, but getting a fire going well before dark was always ideal when out in the wilderness.

"Wendy will be too exhausted from helping heal your friend to travel easily, and your friend is still far too injured to try to move. We will be lucky at all if we are even able to move by tomorrow." Carla answered, her tone stiff and matter-of-fact.

Even with all this happening around him, Kirishima couldn't shake the image of Bakugo's broken face out of his mind. He was worried about his friend, but he knew he would not talk to him about it, even if he had asked. When he had gone in, he had asked how Midoriya was, and all he had gotten in response was a shrug from the explosive boy. Kirishima had hesitated for a second longer, then decided to leave the tent to give the boy some room.

Kirishima made his way over to a blanket that had been laid out by the others to make a makeshift sitting area, taking a seat next to Lucy and Juvia. He stayed quiet for a moment, but he could tell his mood was putting the girls on edge.

"How are your friends?" Lucy asked, hesitantly. Kirishima sighed, and tried a smile.

"Who, Midoriya? He'll be fine! He's tough. That's not the worst he's had," he lied, knowing full well that if Midoriya had ever been hit that bad, Recovery Girl would have finished killing him herself.

"What about your other friend? He seemed...off today," Juvia piped in, trying not to pry too much.

"He's...Bakugo? He's fine. He's just...like that sometimes." Kirishima sighed, looking down, but not missing the glance shared between the two girls.

"Does he want to talk about it?" Lucy asked, quietly. Kirishima looked up to meet her gaze.

"Bakugo never wants to talk about his feelings. He would rather blow shit up and put on his 'I hate everybody' act. I've been trying to break through to him, but he won't ever open up all the way. Just when I think I've made progress, he shuts me back out..." Kirishima trailed off.

Lucy stood up suddenly, making her way towards the tent that had Bakugo, Wendy, and Midoriya in it.

"Wh-What are you doing?!" Kirishima exclaimed. He was worried the girl would get her face blown off.

"Just trust me, yeah?" She smiled sweetly at him, then entered the tent, closing it behind her.

When Lucy entered, Bakugo's eyes shot up to the entrance to the tent.

"What the fuck do you want, blondie?" He huffed out, though there was no heat behind his words. Lucy made her way to sit next to him, making sure to give the boy enough room for comfort.

"I just came to see how your friend was doing, and to check up on Wendy. I know she overdoes herself sometimes to help others." Lucy glanced at Wendy, who was still sleeping in Bakugo's arms.

Alternate Dimension On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara