Chapter 4

The boys followed Makarov down the staircase, and into the bar area. Everybody seemed to be scattered into different groups, drinking and eating. The UA students, however, were still a bit uneasy. They followed Bakugo to an empty table by the door, and sat. Midoriya was reluctant to follow, mainly because he wanted to take notes on their new situation, but he thought it best to stick with his classmates given the situation they were in. They still didn’t know how they ended up here, exactly where here was, even though it had been explained to them, and they didn’t know how to fix their situation. They sat in silence for a moment, before Todoroki began to speak.

“So. We know we are in a place called Magnolia. These people in this room are all wizards. I’m assuming their magic is kind of like our quirks, but it almost doesn’t seem like a physical extension of their bodies in most cases. It’s almost like power they call upon. They’ve never heard of anybody having a quirk before, which leads me to believe we didn’t only travel to another dimension, but to a different time period in general.” He paused, assessing the other’s reactions to his words. They seemed to be listening, though Midoriya kept glancing around the room, excitedly.

“Goddammit, you nerd. Can you sit still until we figure out what the fuck happened?” Bakugo snapped. Midoriya flushed, and turned his attention back to the boys at his table.

“But, Kacchan, wouldn’t it make more sense for me to go ask questions and find out as much as possible? It would allow us to learn more about our situation, and about the way their magic works…” He trailed off, mumbling about magic and quirks, as though creating a verbal Venn Diagram. Kirishima nodded in Midoriya’s direction.

“He does have a point. You know no detail will get passed Midoriya.” Before Midoriya could register the fact that he had been given permission to go ask questions, a white haired girl walked up to their table. She had on a cute dress, her bangs in a ponytail sticking up in the front, and she was holding a platter of bowls.

“Welcome to Fairy Tail! I’m sure Natsu told you that you boys have been here for three days,” she giggled, “My name is Mirajane. I help run the bar! You boys must be starving. I’ve taken it upon myself to make some stew for you.” She gently began placing the bowls in front of the boys, who had not realized how hungry they were until they smelled the stew.

“Oh, man! Thanks!” Kirishima exclaimed. Mirajane giggled again, then walked back towards the bar. The boys began to eat in silence, as a few people walked up to their table. They recognized most of them as a few of the members that had been up in the hospital ward before. Natsu, Gray, and Erza were accompanied by a girl with blue hair that was curled into ringlets up at the bottom. She wore a wool hat, and seemed to be standing a bit too close to Gray. Kirishima assumed it was his girlfriend, though he seemed annoyed with the girl. The other girl accompanying them was a bouncy blond, who had definitely caught Kaminari’s attention. She had a pink Fairy Tail tattoo on the back of her hand. She wore a blue crop top and a white skirt. She also had a ring of keys hooked to her belt, almost like a janitor. The five guild members sat in the table, forcing there to be enough room for all of them around the UA students. Natsu was grinning again, and was the first to speak.

“This is Lucy, she’s a celestial wizard. She can call on celestial spirits with those keys, and they do the fighting for her.” He motioned towards the blond, who smiled and waved. Kaminari could not bring himself to tear his eyes away from her chest, a bit of broth dribbling down his chin. Kirishima roughly elbowed Kaminari in the ribs, causing him to glare at him slightly. Kirishima seemed to be giving him a look that said Seriously, dude?Kaminari shrugged at him as Natsu continued, gesturing towards the blue-haired girl.