Ch. 2

Jocelyn's POV

As I got dressed, I heard Mom and Dad arguing about something. Being me, I decided to listen.

"No. We cannot bait a villain to come attack you at an event where not only hundreds of people are but also our daughters!" Mom said in a angry whisper.

"It's our only option. Plus, I'll have the rest of the team keep a perimeter." Dad said

"Oliver! Think for a minute. When has the mission gone how it was supposed to? And the collateral for any mistake are our children!" She said exasperated.

"Felicity, you know this is our only option. Create a program that identifies and tags everyone who enters into the venue." He said.

"I can't that would take days.. wait, Joce already created a program that does that. We would just have to adapt it to use the entire worlds citizen registry." She thought out loud.

"Would she let us use it?" He asked.

"Let me ask" She finished.

I ran to my bed and picked up a book pretending like I wasn't eavesdropping.

"Hey! How are you feeling?" She asked.

"Little sore but I'm okay. What's up?" I asked.

"Could I use the program that you made?" She asked sheepishly.

"Why?" I asked knowing exactly how it was going to be used.

"Well..." she started.

"Tell me the truth. I heard you and dad already. I'll only let you use it if I can help." I stated bluntly.

"Well, we are out of options so I guess you're in. But you need to adapt it for the rest of the worlds registries."

"On it." I smiled as I grabbed my computer and started to type.

A couple hours later...

I sat at the bar with a virgin sangria in my hand and a computer in front of me. I had set an alarm connected to my watch in case the awaited villain enter the premises. I also had a gun stashed in a thigh holster. A young man interrupted my thoughts.

"Hey there pretty lady. Wanna join me in the parking lot?." He said slurring his words.

"Not interested." I said looking down at my screen again.

"It wasn't suggestion." He said turning me around.

"Hey! Why don't you leave her alone?!" Mia yelled as she walked toward us.

"You need your little sister to protect you?" He laughed in my face.

"Hey!" She yelled slamming her fist into his nose.

"What is wrong with you?" He yelled as he swung for her.

Mia was way to smart to get hit, so she grabbed his arm and flipped him onto his back putting his arm into a very uncomfortable position. At this point, a crowd had gathered around us.

"You done?" Mia said.

"Mia!" Oliver yelled pushing his way into the circle.

"What?" She said rolling her eyes.

"I thought we said no more fights?" He said raising an eyebrow.