Ch. 1

Jocelyn's POV

"Joce." Mia whispered.

"Jocelyn!" She yelled.

"What?" I said shooting up out of bed.

"Dad wants us for training." She said walking out of the room.

I laid back down and closed my eyes again. I'm not going this morning. In a few minutes, I heard heavy footsteps coming up stairs. Next thing I knew, I was flung across the room. I did not land gracefully.

"Joce, if you're not coming to training, training will come to you." Oliver said looking down at me.

"Ugh. Fine. Let me get dressed." I said rolling over.

I threw on a sports bra and some sweats and went downstairs to the bunker. Mia was already waiting for me in almost the same outfit.

"Okay, today is just sparring." Dad said handing us a bo staff.

Mia and I circled each other feeling each other out.

"Come at me." Mia taunted.

I made the mistake of doing what she said.

I charged in. Mia was ready and swung the bo staff so hard, I heard a crack coming from my abdomen as I flew onto the other side of the mat. I quickly got up and started to see spots.

"Mia, take it easy." Dad commanded.

"I'm okay." I lied circling her again.

This time Mia came at me and swept my feet and slamming my head before I hit the ground. I heard a shriek come from the door.

"Oh hey mom!" Mia called.

"I always hate seeing you guys spar. Especially at parts like that." Felicity said running to my side.

"Are you Okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said started to stand up.

In just a few seconds I was back on the ground. For a second I thought that Mia had swept my feet again but I realized that she didn't and the room was spinning.

"Joce. Hey. Look at me." I tried to look to the sound of the voice.

"Okay, we are done for today." Oliver said hanging up the staffs.

Mom helped me up the stairs seeing as I could walk very straight. She helped me to the couch.

"Mia, go take a shower." Oliver said.

" Okay." She replied.

"You Okay?" He asked.

"She most certainly is not okay!" Mom angrily whispered.

Dad continued to look at me.

" I'm okay." I smiled.

"That's my girl." He chuckled.

Mom gave him a pointed looked. He looked down at my side and ran his hand along a rib that was jutting out abnormally.

"That's definitely broken and displaced. I'm gonna call Thea, Sara and Laurel. They were always better at setting bones." He said getting up.