- The Same, Just Older -

I altered Five's mental age to be 50 in order to bridge the age gap (which, taking both physical and mental ages into account is ten years on average).

XxXxX

A loud rumbling of thunder interrupted your moment with Vanya and Dzie. The lights flickered and you and Vanya looked at each other curiously.

Dzie hissed and crawled from your shoulder into your hoodie, fur fluffing out. Your hand met the ferret's head. You turned to Vanya. "C'mon."

The two of you met up with Diego as he was heading out towards the courtyard. The rest of your "siblings" filed out behind you and you were all met with a wavering blue vortex.

"What is that?" Vanya yelled.

Allison grabbed her arm. "Don't get too close!"

"No shit!" Diego sarcastically hollered.

Luther shouldered his way to the front. "It looks like some temporal anomaly. Either that or a miniature black hole, one of the two."

"That's a pretty big difference, Paul Bunyan."

"Get outta the way!" Lurching past the group, Klaus hurled a big red fire extinguisher at the "anomaly."

"What is that gonna do?" shrieked Allison.

"I don't know, do you have a better idea?" he retorted.

A sound something like lightning or thunder - maybe even a combination, sounded off, and sent Klaus scurrying backwards into you. "Everyone get behind me," Luther boomed.

Diego shouldered him, "Yeah, get behind us."

Klaus screeched, "I vote for running, c'mon!" He tried to grab your arm, but you gripped his wrist and anchored him in place.

Someone that looked like an old man pressed against the blue vortex, the figure melting into a much younger one as he fell to the ground. As the male came through, the vortex faded, and so did the crashes of thunder that came with it. The six of you approached the boy - who was wearing clothes much too big for him - when Klaus opened his mouth.

"Does anyone else see little Number Five, or is that just me?" The male in question looked at the group, then down at himself, and then looked back up.

He made eye contact with you as you peered out from behind the lean body of Klaus. "Shit," Five mumbled.

XxX

"What's the date. Exactly," Five said, dropping a wooden cutting board on the table.

"March, the twenty-fourth," you replied reflexively.

The skinny boy came back over with a loaf of bread. He paused, looking at you for a bit before looking back down at the bread. "Good."

Luther piped up from across you, to Five's right, "So are we gonna talk about what just happened?" He didn't respond, keeping himself occupied with two slices he pulled out of the bag. Annoyed, Luther stood from his chair. "It's been seventeen years."

Five looked up at him sternly. "It's been a lot longer than that." He disappeared, only to reappear behind Luther, on a stool to reach the marshmallows on a higher shelf.

"I haven't missed that," you mumbled. You noticed Five's head turn slightly, almost unnoticeable. Almost.

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked, seeming a tad pissed himself.