Chapter 16

Liana

The next day, my alarm woke me up and I groan, Oliver groaned beside me and I totally forgot how we both ended up together, but right now I was not bothered by that seeing that I have work in sometime. I yawned and scrolled through my social media and then got ready for work. Oliver was still sleeping when I came out ready to head to work. I made myself some toast and ended up having that with milk. I left a note to Oliver and I smiled.

It feels nice having someone around when I wake up. My heart warmed at our picture near the entrance door and with a big smile I walked out of the apartment.

Oliver was of course exhausted yesterday as I made him do a couple of things, moving things might I add. He said I should bring some life in the room. He asked for it, so he might as well help me with it. He didn't complain much, but his facial expression says that he is so not interested in decorating, but he was making an effort. Effort is all we need to keep us going, we have to balance. I keep reminding myself.

As I entered the Cafe after taking a bus ride, which might I add was not fun because it was rush hours and people were trying to get to work on time, just like me. The coffee beans smell hit me right when I walked in. I see some people standing near the counter to order while some of my colleagues was trying to do it as fast as possible. I tied my hair in a long pony tail and put on the apron after putting my bags in the office and I started helping them. When the rush hour was gone, I went back to the office to see the production sheets and check everything that is needed when my phone rang. It was Stacy, she usually calls me at this hour knowing I am in the office.

"Hello Li." She chirped. "I heard your hot and rich boyfriend is there with you now."

"How did you know that?!" I asked.

"Your sister, Mia.Duh!" She said and I can actually picture her rolling her eyes on me.

"You are not updating me anymore!" She whined.

"I thought my boss is too busy to be bother by that."

"Sure." She said sarcasm dripping. "Damn, you found such a nice guy, moved all the way there just to be with you." She sighed. "You think he have a friend who can steal my heart away?"

"Are you being serious?" I asked not sure whether to take it seriously.

"I don't mind going on blind dates." She said laughing, "But I think blind dates are out of my list for sometime."

"Why?" I asked.

She coughed and changed the topic which I found it to be pretty weird, "How are you doing there?"

"Great? I applied for a job at the publishing house for designing the books?"

"That's amazing, it is time for you to look for a job you love!" She said. "I will miss my manager when she leave."

"Sure." I said rolling my eyes, this time.

"I am not kidding, you are the best manager from all the stores that I have. You make sure that all the lists is perfect and all the employees working there are really happy working with you, they said that they like coming to work because it is fun!"

I laughed. "I didn't know it can be fun."

"Damn true, I didn't know either."

"Most probably, they were trying to impress you." I teased.

"That's right!" She faked gasped.

We both laughed. "Okay, got to go now, babe. I can see customers giving me glares." She said. "Don't stress out and stop being hard to yourself."

I sighed. "See you."

"Love you!"

"Love you too." I said as I ended up the call with her.

I check the time for production delivery today and looked at the time. Few hours before people starts coming in for lunch.

Oliver called me while I was working on the computer.

"Baby, what time did you leave?" He said, his voice still tired and sleepy.

"Three hours back." I smiled at him and imagining his cute face.

"You should have woke me up, I could have dropped you."

"You were tired and sleeping. I couldn't."

"Next time, you should." He said and I heard him shift. "What time are you getting over? I will pick you up."

"Five pm." I said.

"Okay, see you at five. I love you." He said.

I smiled and softly replied, "I love you."

"Don't miss me so much at work, okay?" He teased.

"I will try." I smirked at him and he laughed.

"See you baby."

And my heart fluttered.

Author's Note: Thank you for reading this book, please give this chapter a Vote and next update🤔 hopefully on Tuesday. Thank you for waiting patiently for updates. Please follow us here on Wattpad. Happy readings!