His eyes then dropped down to my lips which l am sure were still swollen and his smile widened. Anger rushed inside me. He was doing it on purpose. He was enjoying tormenting me.

I strode towards the table now furious. I avoided the nearest seat which was next to Ferracco and pulled out a chair besides Lola.

Wrong move!

Because he was now sitting across the table right in front of me and l could feel his intense gaze the whole time. I tried to ignore him as l tasted Amira's homemade chicken pie. It tasted heaven in my mouth. The different flavours seemed to explode in my mouth.

I stole a glance at him and l became furious again. He still had that stupid smirk on his face. I grabbed a napkin and wiped my mouth.

Did l have something on my face?

Did l made annoying sounds while chewing?

I have never been cautious of my eating habits until recently , thanks to someone.(note sarcasm)

Aunt Amira's voice broke into my thoughts.

"It's a good thing you came down for breakfast . I was about to come up there and scold you if you hadn't shown up."

I smiled at the older woman.

"I decided to be spared of your scolding and came down on my own."

She patted my hand smiling widely. I felt myself relaxing. Aunt Amira had a motherly gift in her. It's as if God created her solely for that purpose.

"That's good , my child. We still need to survive no matter how much shit life throws at us," she said.

My mouth hanged open in disbelief. I heard Lola laughing so hard besides me clutching her stomach.

"Mom , did you just use a curse word," Lola asked Amira in disbelief.

Amira flushed red in the face. She waved off Lola's words with her hand.

"Don't act surprised. You teens do that all the time."

A laugh bubbled from me.

"We have a guest here and you will scare him away," Lola told her.

Amira looked up at Ferracco , one hand flying to her mouth.

"Oh my goodness! Forgive me for my bad manners ,Mr Ferracco," she apologised.

Ferracco smiled widely.

"It's okay. I tend to do the same thing sometimes."

We both broke into loud peals of laughter. Seeing everyone laughing and talking , brought a warm glow inside my chest. I wasn't alone.

Claudius approached the table. His jaw clenched in anger when he noticed Ferracco. He was probably angry that he was still here. He looked bored as he pulled out a chair besides Ferracco.

The two of them glared at each other. Amira and Lola didn't notice the glaring contest going on the table as they were busy eating and talking .

I could feel the tension building around the two. So thick that it could be sliced with a knife. Ferracco backed away first and looked down into his plate.

His jaw was set. An indication that he was furious too. We ate in silence for a while before Claudius broke the silence.

"Aren't you supposed to leave this morning? ," he asked Ferracco in a sharp voice.

He was staring at him in naked dislike.

"All tickets for a flight to Brasilia are booked. I will be leaving tomorrow morning," Ferracco replied.

"Besides the planes, there are trains to Brasilia here in Lencois .Or maybe you intend to prolong your stay here for a reason. Care to share with us Mr Ferracco," Claudius fired back.

"Claudius ! That's no way to speak to a guest. You yourself don't enjoy travelling long distances in a train and you are suggesting that to him," Amira said in a stern voice.

Aunt Amira can be strict when she choose to be. She turned to Ferracco with one of her sweet smile.

"You are welcome to stay for another day at the mansion , Ferracco ."

"Thank you ma'am ," Ferracco replied wearing one of his charming smiles.

Claudius suddenly stood up from the table fuming. His chair made a scrapping sound against the floor as he did that. Everyone stared up at him. He grabbed his suitcase and angrily strode out of the room , going to Castio Industries , my Dad's construction company where he worked as a lawyer.

Lola and Ferracco began to chat about the upcoming carnival where Brazil most famous samba dancers were going to perform. Aunt Amira went back into the kitchen to make preparations for lunch. So l sat there feeling alone as l watched Lola and Ferracco talking like some long lost friends.

Lola was smiling and giggling to everything Ferracco says. Even the silly things. She was even batting her eyelashes at him.

Goodness!

She was in her full flirty mood today. I watched Ferracco grinning from ear to ear like some cat standing over a bowl full of cream. I felt a pang of jealousy in me.

I have never seen him smiling this wide. Even when he was with me.

Lola was my best friend , but l had to admit she was one big flirt since highschool. No offence to her though.

And one more thing , l had to admit she was way more beautiful than me with her long dark hair which cascades down her back in glossy waves and her doe eyes.

Lola had a body structure models starved themselves to achieve. We all thought she was going to end up in modelling until she surprised us all by taking a course in catering.

I scrolled through my cellphone pretending to be uninterested in their conversation but it was in vain. I found myself peeking at them at intervals.

How pathetic of me!

I know but l couldn't help it.

Ferracco was showing that he was clearly enjoying himself. They looked good together , smiling at each other and laughing their lungs out as if the two of them occupied this table alone.

He seemed interested in her . Who wouldn't be! Lola was a sight to behold. I clenched my hands under the table vibrating with anger inside.

Why did he kiss me?

Was he playing games with me?

Why didn't he approach her then!

Suddenly feeling my appetite gone , l  set down my fork against the dinner plate with a clutter. The two of them looked up at me startled. I ignored their curious expressions and stood up and walked out of the dining room.

My insides were quivering with anger. I was so damn furious.

He said he adored me!

He was supposed to look at me only!

Only me!

A/N:

You must be all wondering what's his betrayal is. Vote and comment. So far i was introducing you to the characters. the real drama is coming now.

Don't forget to vote and comment.