The First Day.

Rachel stood at the entrance to NYADA, just gazing up at the large historic building with mixed emotions flooding her system. She was excited to be here, she was finally on her steps to becoming a Broadway actress but yet she was nervous, it felt like the first day of High School all over again and just the thought of that day made her shiver. She wanted it to be different at NYADA, she actually wanted to make friends on her first day rather than halfway through her school experience. What made it different to McKinley was that Rachel knew that everyone who had been accepted was incredibly talented, and now this was the real test for her to truly stand out and make a name for herself. 

She clutched her soy latte in hand and turned to Kurt who had willingly accepted her offer to walk with her to her first day as long as she agreed that he got to pick the first musical for their musical night along with the food they would eat, she had begrudgingly agreed because truthfully she felt far too nervous to go alone. "Thanks for coming with me Kurt"

Kurt smiled, "No problem diva, just remember our deal" He winked and smirked as she rolled her eyes. 

"I won't. Just as long as you promise that we don't do a complete rerun of Judy Garland's works. I mean I love her as much as you do but there's only so many times you can watch her complete works in a week"

Kurt pursed his lips, "Fine" He fake pouted. "But I'm still picking and my choice stands, agreed?"

"Agreed" Rachel nodded and pinky promised him. 

"Good, now go on before you're late for your first day"

"Okay Dad" Rachel giggled and gave him a quick hug before rushing off to the auditorium for the orientation, she was excited to get her schedule and hopefully meet some new people who were just as passionate about Broadway as she was.

After what seemed like forever, Rachel had finally managed to find the auditorium, it was already packed and there were still minutes to go until it was to begin. She hummed softly as she tried to find a seat, without thinking too much she immediately went to the middle row and the middle seat where she had a perfect view of the stage. As she had been down to retrieve her notepad and pen from her bag she felt movement to her right hand side as someone sat down beside her. She glanced up to find a girl with long blonde hair smiling down at her. 

"Oh, hello" Rachel smiled and sat back up in her seat. "I'm Rachel Berry. It's nice to meet you" She stuck out her hand towards the girl who immediately took it and shook it. 

"I'm Maddie Brennan. It's nice to finally meet someone, I was so nervous coming alone" Her blue eyes twinkled with happiness

"Me too, my best friend Kurt didn't get in this year so I was nervous wreck at the thought of having to meet new people, it's never been my best trait"

"Let me guess" Diana grinned, "People thought you were too overconfident and cocky because you knew you had talent and they wanted to take you down a peg or two?"

Rachel's mouth fell open in surprise, in all of two minutes the girl had already guess her high school history. "That's exactly right. I take it the same thing happened to you?"

Diana nodded with a sigh, "High School was the worst experience of my life. They said it would be the best 4 years of your life but instead all I got was ridicule and hurtful comments thrown my way all because I knew where I was going and what I wanted to do with my life"

"At least you didn't get slushied" Rachel frowned, the memory of how cold it felt on her skin and how sticky it was when it dried in was etched in her brain for eternity. 

"What's that?" 

"You know the big cups of frozen ice you get in 7/11?" Rachel asked, Diana nodded in understanding. "Well some Neanderthal jocks and sometimes the cheerios, they were the cheerleaders at McKinley, came up with the not so clever idea of throwing said ice drink all over their unsuspecting target which was often me"