Chapter Thirty Two

Anais POV 

MAMAAAAA!!!

MAMAAAAAA!!!

I wake up to Asher smacking my face. I look like him and cut my eyes at him. He got off my chest and starts laughing.

Me: What do you need Asher?

Asher: Mommy the door

Me: What do you mean the door?.. Do you mean somebody is at the door?

Asher: YA!

I get out of the bed, grabbed Asher and put him on my side. I walk to the door and looked through the peep hole. I couldn't see so I opened the door. I looked into the hallway and see Keenan at the end about to get on the elevator. I looked at him deciding whether to call him back.

Me: Keenan!

He turned around and he smiled but he was most definitely nervous. He starts walking back to our door. When he gets to me he said nothing. He just looked at Asher, then the unexpected happened. Asher starts to whine and reach for Keenan. Both Keenan and I were shocked. Asher then starts crying and pushing my arms away to get to Keenan. I shake my head out of my thoughts. I hand Keenan Asher. As soon as I gave him to Keenan, he stops crying. 

Me: Uh you can come in

We walked in the apartment and sit in the living room. We sit in silence just looking at Asher and then everything came rushing back to me. I was still mad as hell at him. He had stood us up AGAIN.

Me: Talk

He looks at me and sighs.

Keenan: I first off want to apologize for coming here unannounced and secondly I definitely want to apologize for standing you two up. My nerves both times got the best of me.  I really do want to make things with both of you.  When I was talking to my dad he told me that him and my mother called you.

Me: Uh yeah they did, they wanted to meet up with Asher and I.

Keenan: Well I'm ready to be apart of both you and Asher's life. I especially want to make things right with you. I never knew what I had until it was gone. I really want to be with you, I know that sounds crazy and all bu-

Me: Woahhh Keenan hold on, your getting way ahead of yourself. I don't even know where all of this is coming from.

Keenan: Okay I'm going to be completely honest with you, I always loved you. I never stopped.  All those times in high school when I was with Lina. I knew I was suppose to be with you not her. I knew Asher was mine I just wasn't ready to be a dad. I wasn't even ready to be a dad to Lina's kid. But turns out Lina's kid wasn't mine. 

Me: Woah you spent almost the whole pregnancy giving to Lina, only for the baby not to be yours?

Keenan: Yeah I know, I was so embarrassed. I was hurt, but I knew how I was feeling wasn't compared to how you were feeling. You were raising Asher by yourself and I should have been there to help you but I wasn't. I won't ever make myself live that down. I have 3 years to make up with both of you and I'm more than ready. 

Me: Uh that's a lot to take in Keenan bu-

Keenan: Anais please!!  I ready to be a dad please just take a chance on m-

Me: Keenan shut up!! You didn't even let me finish!! *laughing* Geezzz. As I was saying, that was a lot to take in BUT I'm willing to take a chance on you. But this is your LAST chance and I mean your last chance. If you fuck this up, you can forget being in our lives.  You won't see me or Asher and that's a promise!

Keenan: Oh shit! Thank you babe-

Me: You mean Anais?

Keenan: Yeah that's what I said, but I won't let you down babe.

He puts a sleeping Asher down beside him on the couch. Pulls me up and gives me a bear hug and starts kissing all over my face.

Me: Keenan nooooo!!! GET OFF!! And stop kissing me!! You getting way to comfortable already!!

Keenan: No neverrr!! Deal with it! I'm going to be here forever>

Me: *laughing* Shit I hope you will be here forever too. But it's time to let me go now.

Keenan: Okay okay I'm sorry. I'm just a little excited.

Me: It's okay *smiling lightly*

Keenan: Well it's almost most 6. I been get going.

He grabs his phone and keys and starts walking to the door.

Me: Hey you don't have to leave so fast. I usually start cooking around 7 you could stay for dinner if you want?

Keenan: Yeah sure I'd love that. Plus that'll give me sometime to bond with Asher.

Me: Yeah that's a good idea. Wake him up for me please.

Keenan: But he looks so peaceful

Me: Okay one thing you need to know about Asher is that if you let him took a long nap. He's going to be up at wee hours of the night. 

Keenan: Okay I gotchu

I walk in the kitchen and start pulling out pots and pans. I got to the refrigerator and started looking for something to cook.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keenan POV

I turn and look at Asher...He looks so much like me. My nose, my green eyes, and the shape of his head. He has Anais cheeks, lips, and curly hair. He's so precious, I really missed out on 3 years of this kid's life. I shake him lightly.

Me: Asher wake up baby, come on wake up. 

He stirs and he wakes up rubbing his eyes. Once he stops he looks and me and starts smiling and reaches for me. I smile and pick him up. I sit him in my lap and he starts playing with my eye lid. He then hops out of my lap and goes to his toy basket and brings over a bunch of toys.

Asher: Play with me?

Me: Of course son

Son...Shit I actually get to call him son.. Because he's actually MY KID. Okay let me calm down, I'm too geeked.

So while Anais cooked dinner, Asher and I played together until she told us dinner was ready. We sat down at the table, and made conversation. He laughed and talked all night, after we finished eating she let me put Asher to sleep. I finished rocking him and went back to the living room where Anais was watching a movie.

Anais: So how did putting him to sleep go?

Me: It actually went well. He went straight to sleep.

Anais: Woah your good for your first time rocking him to sleep. It take me forever sometimes to put him down. I think your a pro already Keenan*laughing*

Me: Well you know, I try*laughing* what are you watching?

Anais: I'm watching Rush Hour 

Me: Oh shit I love this movie

Anais: You can stay and watch it with me if you want, it's up to you. Because it is getting pretty late.

Me: Of course I'll stay and watch! I don't care if it's getting late.

We sat there all night laughing and talking. I learned so much about Anais. I never got the chance to actually get to know her. She's so interesting, everything about her is so unique. Even down to the type of music she likes. I can't believe I missed out on this. I will never forgive myself for this. 

Soon both me and Anais feel asleep.