Chapter 1: Tickets

"Order 273."

Your voice rang out over the multiple conversations of the coffee house as you placed down the plastic cup, containing the hot substance known as macchiato, a heavy sigh left your lips as you wiped your brow.

You watched the customer as they slowly approached, taking their drink and dropping a quarter in the tip jar.

You frowned at the tiny tip and ran a hand through your hair.

There was no use getting upset.

Your shift was over anyways.

You reached behind you, pulling off your tan colored apron and laying it on the counter as you turned, walking towards your employee locker and opening it.

"Leaving?"

The voice of your employer rang throughout the locker room, sending a cold chill down your spine.

Your boss had always come off as a bit of a sleaze. He was constantly sweating and rubbing his hands together, he never seemed to leave the shop while you were working. He was constantly checking you out and coming up with excuses to be near you or brush your hand with his.

If you didn't need the money, you would have left ages ago, but sadly....you did.

Resisting the urge to roll your eyes, you nodded your head.

"Yup. My shift is over and I'm beat."

He hummed in response, taking a step closer to you.

"Well, if you aren't doing anything...Why don't you go to dinner with me?"

You let out a chuckle, covering it up with a fake cough.

"I can't. I have a date....with my bed...Sorry."

A smirk appeared on his face at your response, his feet moving closer to you.

"What a coincidence....I was planning to go to your bed too."

You scoffed, slamming your locker shut.

"Not in this life time, Brad."

Before he had a chance to respond, you were out the door, walking back towards your small apartment.

***

"Sunny, Sunny!"

Your high-pitched voice carried over the small playground as you ran towards the old swing set your tiny legs moving as fast as they could carry you.

The little boy on the swing slowly raised his head, his brown eyes lighting up at your presence.

"Y/n!"

You smiled widely, finally making it to the young boy.

"Guess what!" You yelled with excitement, your finger moving to your mouth and pulling down your lip, showing a large gap between your bottom teeth. "I lost my tooth today!"

His eyes widened as he stared at the empty space.

"Oh my gosh! You're so big now!"

You nodded your head proudly, placing your hands on your hips.

"Yeah. Mommy said I'm a big girl now, so you have to listen to me."

A pout formed on the older boys lips.

"Nu-uh! I'm still a whole, big year older than you!"

You pointed to your mouth again.

"But, I lost a tooth. I'm bigger than you."