"Colson..."

"Now we can both get drunk." Colson shook the bottle of vodka at Aetos. It took several minutes for Aetos to come closer but he does. He grabbed the bottle and took a swig.

"Why are you getting drunk?"

"Because I want to, day walker." Colson takes the bottle from Aetos and takes another swig.

"You've got to stop calling me that."

"But that's what you are." Colson giggled. "You're a vampire that walks under the sun. Day walker."

"Colson..."

"I am so fucking happy for Cobie. My brother is living the life he deserves. Happy and so full of love. If our mother was here, she'd be over the moon." Colson said. "I remember when we were seven. I had asked my mum why my eyes couldn't change colors like Cobie's."

"And what did she say?"

"She told me that while I wear my heart on my sleeves, Cobie wore his in his eyes and it was my duty to protect him against people who might hurt him, just as it's his duty to protect me from people who might hurt me." Colson took a swig of his vodka. He looks at the ceiling.

"She sounds wonderful."

"She is. Cobie wasn't that close to her an-"

"You don't have to go on."

Colson takes another swig and smacked his lips. "I know. I'm just reminiscing. Is it going to be nine months or less, since he's carrying pups."

"Nine months, Colson."

"What?" Colson whined. "I wanted to know. I'm not well versed in matters of wolves."

"Don't you wanna learn?"

"Why?" Colson shrugged. "It's not I'm going to mate one of them or some shit. I know their weaknesses and that's fine with me."

Aetos takes a large gulp of vodka and moved closer to Colson. "You're quite beautiful up close." Aetos says and Colson stops to stare at the vampire. Aetos' eyes were clouded, his pupils blown and his lips red. He was staring unblinking at Colson.

Colson's cheeks heat up and he grips the bottle he was holding tighter.

"I know I am, day walker."

Colson wasn't even sure what exactly was going on with him lately. There was something about Aetos, something that Colson wasn't understanding.

"Why are you with me? Like, why do you always talk to me?"

"Because you are you. You're amazing."

They were interrupted by a dark skinned man. "Lord Aetos." The man said and Aetos goes still but he doesn't move away from Colson's side.

"Samir?"

"There's been an incident, sir. At the dark house." Samir said and Aetos pulls back. Colson stared at Aetos as the vampire straightened up. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath by from the way he was clenching his fingers and the slight tick in his jaw, Colson knew Aetos was angry.

Samir quietly walked back out of the room and Colson hopped off the counter just as Aetos opened his eyes. Aetos' grey eyes were now bleeding red.

"Come on, big guy."

"And where are you going?" Aetos asked, a sleek brow raised.

"With you. I remember you offering me a job so I might as well know what the hell I'm getting into." Colson said as he walked over to the sink. He pulled open a panel in the wall and grabbed the hand gun hidden there. Cobie has several hide outs for his guns around the house, after the attack six months ago, he wanted to be prepared.