[1] The First Match

Smoke was everywhere. Wraith was hidden behind a rock, "You're not safe here" her voices said. Then gunfire was released toward her area, As she hid in the nearest building a man appeared behind her. "You're not very good, are you?" the man said, she sliced his neck with her blade he exploded into blue hexagons. "What? No you can't be!" Wraith exclaimed. The man appeared again "Yeah. It's me. The one and only Mi-" the man said before he was shot in the head. "Don't be so cocky." said Wraith. Once again the blue hexagons appeared. She ran out of the house only to see him standing there once more at the edge. She ran full sprint at him and latched onto him flinging both of them off the edge of the cliff. As they fell Wraith swung at him a couple of times, the man just took the hits. Then it all went white.

Wraith grunted as she looked up to see the man holding her and bandaging her up. "What the hell are you doing?!" wraith questioned. "Helping a friend." smiled the man. "We're not friends." mumbled Wraith. "Oh, yeah while you were having a nap with an open wound I killed 3 squads there's only one left but they haven't come into the bunker yet." the man said confidently. "Good. But we're not a team so there's two squads remaining!" said Wraith as she went to grab the man but her hip gave and she let out in pain. "God what are you doing? You're injured stop being so stubborn and just take the free win, yeah?" "Ok." They sat in silence in the same room for a couple minutes before the man said "Well, how about we break the ice. I go by the name Mirage. And you are?" Wraith looked at him like he was an idiot. "Why exchange names when we won't see each-other after this?" "So I can get to know you. You aren't seriously this dry ALL the time are you?" Mirage said with a chuckle. "Shut up" Wraith said looking away. " And my name is Wra-" she was interrupted by the bunker doors being blown open.

Mirage shot up onto his feet fast. As he did Wraith noticed his whole back had bullet wounds and the back of his outfit was torn. "What happened to you?" Wraith asked in shock. Sh e was responded with Mirage shushing her and busting open the door and a burst of decoys go flying everywhere all chattering and singing. Wraith giggled as she saw the enemy squad looked in confusion at the mass clutter of Mirages'. Then from behind Mirage appeared with a peacekeeper. "I'm sorry did I confuse you?" He said as he took out the first one then quickly going invisible again as the others turned around. "Now you see me, now you don't, now you see me." Bang! Another shot hit the second enemy, "Oops my finger slipped." The cocky Mirage said before a giant large man in armour charged at him shouting "Gibraltar incoming and threw Mirage into the wall, as he did so all the decoys disappeared. The large man had a pistol to Mirage's head "It's not my fault I'm the best, I worked for it." he said as he went to pull the trigger on Mirage's head. But before he could do so a knife appeared over his neck. "I knew your every move" Wraith said before ending him and the rest of his squad turned into deathboxes.

"Thanks." said Mirage calming himself down. "I don't like to owe people anything." Wraith said smiling. Then in the loud speakers "Mirage and Wraith you are the Apex Champions!" said a gentle woman. "Well Mirage. It's been fun." said Wraith as they both walked to the pickup ship to leave the island. "Hey you never told me your name!" Mirage called out running up to her. "It's Wraith." she said smiling. "Wraith. That's an extravo- extrova- extraga-....cool name." mirage said covering his face in embarrassment. "You're funny" Wraith said giggling. They got on the ship and as they reached the Apex HQ and were about to part ways Mirage grabbed Wraiths wrist "Hey uh- maybe we can get celebrata- celebratoriee- " "I would love to Mirage" Wraith said interrupting him to save his embarrassment. They held hands for a second. "I'll see you then." Mirage said acting confident but a nervous wreck on the inside. Wraith smiled and turned to walk away only to see Mirage in front of her again hold a piece of paper with a number on it after she took it out of his hand he vanished into blue hexagons. Was it destiny or fate? Neither knew, but they knew that it was the first time they've each felt so much butterflies in their stomachs.

-EthanTheWaffle <3