Chapter 14

I stretched out on the couch as Jimmy went to the lobby to get Winnie. I smiled to myself, thinking about how awesome he was. he was funny, sweet, dorky... he was perfection. I started to drift off to sleep when I felt a hand slightly shake my shoulder. my eyes fluttered open and I looked up.

" Hey." I whispered, my voice rough and dry. I sat up stretching.

" Hey." Jimmy whispered, bouncing and rocking Winnie. " I'm going to go put her down for a nap... she's a sleepy girl." I couldn't keep my eyes off of his face. he was staring down at his daughter with pure joy. a small grin played his lips as she stirred, pulling herself closer to him. he kissed the top of her head and disappeared down the hall towards her room.

I stood up and made my way to the kitchen. I opened the cabinet and pulled out a glass, filling it with water. just as I was turning the water off, I felt the hairs on the back of my neck raise. I smirked and set my glass down, drying my hand son my pants.

" Hey." a warm breath trailed down my neck and I felt two strong arms wrap around my waist. I reached behind me and took a light hold on his shirt.

" Hey." I bit my lip and felt the vibrations bounce off of Jimmy as he chuckled. I leaned my head back to look up at him.

" Wanna go to dinner tonight? you can get to know the awesomeness that is my daughter." he smiled down at me, a piece of hair flopping in front of his face. I giggled.

" Yea... but I gotta go home to change and whatnot." I smiled and closed my eyes as we rocked back and fourth.

" Okay." Jimmy kissed the top of my head and let go.

" I'll be back soon." I smiled, grabbing my purse and phone. I walked out of the door.

••••••••••••••

" Thanks." I said, handing the cab driver some money. I hopped out and made my way up to my floor. I stepped inside of my apartment and immediately started taking clothes off. I felt gross. I pulled my shirt off as I walked down the hall towards the bathroom. all the lights were off so I knew Sam wasn't there. I hopped in the shower after plugging my phone into my little speaker. I turned on the water, letting it warm up and rinse the grime from the past few days off of me.

" Okay." I sighed, stepping out of the shower. I wrapped myself in a towel and made my way to my room. I slid open my closet door and looked at my clothes. I bit my lip, picked up my phone, and shot Jimmy a text.

" Fancy or nahh?"

Bzz

" Not too fancy, not too hobo."

" You sayin I look like a hobo?" I smiled down at my phone, seeing the text bubble pop up.

" Only occasionally 😉" I giggled and typed in my response.

" Well... I'll just wear a plastic bag then. no exceptions." I sat my phone down and ran my fingers over my clothes. I pulled out a dress to look at it.

It was a teal, knee length dress with a black belt around the waist. I pulled it off the hanger and walked over to my shoes.

" Classy but not too fancy." I mumbled, shoving my heels out of the way. I smiled and pulled out a pair of black converse. cute.

I threw them on and walked over to my vanity. I pulled out my makeup drawer and retrieved base, powder, mascara, eyeliner and light blush. after grabbing a roll of tape, I was set.

I placed a piece of tape at each eye corner at a slight angle and carefully painted on a wing. after I was done with that, I put on light base and powder, reapplying a small amount of eyeliner. I put mascara in and curled my lashes and dusted on a bit of light pink blush.