Chapter 2

I walked into the Rockefeller at 5:45, taking a sip of my coffee and making my way up several flights of stairs. At the 4th floor, I decided to take the elevator the rest of the way.

Ding

The doors slid open to the busy floor level. I made my way through the crowds and towards 6B. I walked into a large room with little cubicles and people typing furiously on keyboards then down a long hall that was attached to it.

I sighed and made my way to James's office. When I found the black door with "Jimmy Fallon" in white letters on the door, tapped lightly on the glass window.

" SERIOUSLY? I BARELY FINISH MY DAMN COFFEE AND YOU WANNA KNOCK ON MY DOOR? I HAVENT EVEN HAD MY MORNING POOP SESSION. But yeah come on in." I snickered at his faux Boston accent and slowly opened the door. Thee room was dark and I saw no one in there, but I could tell that the room was very large and plush. I made my way inside and just as I was about the close the door, it slammed shut. I gasped as my mouth was covered by a large hand. Flailing backwards, I tried to grab ahold of whoever had me pinned against them. I felt an arm wrap around my waist and pull me into a strong chest.

" Shhh." I felt a hot breath run down my neck. Terror snaked down my spine as I gasped and freed one of my arms.

I quickly reached behind me and grabbed the attackers head and crashed on top of him, knocking him to the ground with a thud.

I turned around and pinned whoever it was on the ground as my eyes adjusted. I looked down to see that I was straddling Jimmy. I scrambled to get off of him as I inwardly groaned at my second murder attempt.

I put my hands on his shoulders and shook the unmoving man. He didn't get up and didn't appear to be breathing.

"Oh shit." I mumbled and started shaking him hard, slapping his chest. "Dude wake up!" I whisper-yelled. I groaned and unbuttoned his blazer and laid my head on his chest to check for a heartbeat.

" BOO!" he practically screamed and jumped up, causing me to shriek and fall backwards. He reached forwards and caught me just as I was about to hit the ground. I took a shaky breath and gripped him into a tight hug, burying my face into the crook of his neck unconsciously.

I didn't realize that my arms were locked around his neck until I looked up into his eyes. His perfect chocolate brown eyes that melted my heart even though this was only our second face to face encounter.

" I- I'm sorry.... I thought you were like a murderer or rapist or walker or something..." I blushed and let go if his neck. His arms were still wrapped around my waist, his hands dangerously close to my butt.

" You're a mean thing, aren't ya?" He giggled and let go, poking me in the stomach. A small snicker erupted from my lips.

" You're ticklish?" His face turned up into a playful grin and he poked me again, causing me to laugh and push him back. A huge smile spread across his face as he made a dash for the other side of the room.

He completely closed the shutters over the window, submerging us in darkness just dark enough so that my eyes weren't adjusted to it yet. I sighed and started to feel my way around until I tripped over something, stubbing my toe.

" Fuck." I mumbled. I felt Jimmy's hands push my shoulders into the carpet, pressing his knees in the place of his hands and began tickling me. His stiff fingers poked my ribs and neck, leaving me giggling uncontrollably. I squirmed under his body weight and tried to push him off of me.

" JIMMY!" I shot between giggles, pushing his arms and chest. Once my arms were totally free, I reached up, grabbed his shoulders, and pushed him onto his back. He then wrapped his legs around my waist and threw me to the side, retaining dominance. I reached for his collar and pulled his face very close to mine. I could feel his hot breath on my eyelashes and felt a shiver run through my body when the strength of his cologne hit me. Even in the pitch blackness of the room, I knew his arms were on either side of my head while he straddled me. This caused my stomach to flutter with excitement.

" I suggest you stop." I said in the most demanding yet quiet voice I could, but it came out raspy and sexual. My face grew pale and he went dead still. I could make out his eyes in the darkness and I drilled into them with mine with all the courage I could muster. He looked shocked and a little bit.... amused? I grinned and grabbed his tie.

" You done?" I said, pulling him closer. I held in my laughter as he nodded slightly. I pushed him back up and let go of his shirt and tie. He stood up and flicked the lights back on.

He stepped beside me and took my hand, pulling me off the ground. I brushed my dress flat and looked up at Jimmy. He smirked and reached towards me. I froze.

" Calm down. I'm fixing your hair." he smiled and started smoothing my hair back into its bun. I studied his face. he stuck he's tongue out if the corner of his mouth as he concentrated on fixing my frizzy hair.

" There!" he smiled and nodded, obviously proud of himself. He walked over to his desk, re-buttoning a single button on his blazer before placing 3 fingers on a paper and turning it towards him. He scanned over it, total seriousness now on his face.

He looked up at me, then back to the paper. I stood there awkwardly, still trying to get over the tickle fight and how sexual I had unintentionally made it.

" Hey." he waved me over. " we have rehearsal at 8."

"We?" I asked, leaning over to look at the paper.

" Yea I'm introducing you on the show." he said like it was no big deal.

" NOOOO." my eyes widened. I took a step back, shaking by head.

" Aw c'mon!" he smiled and grabbed my wrist. "It's not scary!" he pulled me back over to the desk smiling widely.

"I can't do that. Nope. You might not know this but I have anxiety issues and I get nervous talking around people much less you and a million people!" I took a shaky breath, wringing my hands nervously.

" You... are nervous around me?" He looked at me concerned and lightly took my hand in his, bringing it towards his chest. I looked at my feet.

"Yeah." I laughed a little." Stupid, huh?"

"No. Hey... You're super cool. You don't need to be scared to talk to me. You definitely weren't nervous earlier." He smirked and winked as my face burned bright red.

" You're famous... like... REALLY famous." I twisted my foot and bit my lip awkwardly. I glanced up at him. His eyes were soft with compassion and his mouth was slightly open as if he wanted to say something.

" But I'm still a person." He said after a long few seconds of silence. He leaned in front of me, trying to get me to look at him." Hey... I'm still a person." He said again, putting his thumb and index finger in my chin, lifting it up. I looked into his eyes.

" You're a much more important type of person." His face became sad. I lowered my head and picked at my nails; a nervous habit.

" No one is more important than anyone else." He pulled me into a hug and put his chin on my head, wrapping his arms around my waist. I awkwardly place my hands on his sides and put my head on his chest.

" No one." he mumbled.