Chapter 13

" So I was thinking...." Jimmy looked up at me as I handed him a plate of slightly burned pancakes.

" Well that's never good." I smiled and plopped down next to him, pouring syrup over my food. he giggled and took a big bite of his breakfast.

" Well," he mumbled through his full mouth." Winnie is coming over today and spending the week." he said, looking over at me expectantly.

" And?" I popped a chunk of syrupy pancake into my mouth.

" I was wondering if you wanted to maybe come over a few days and help babysit her? even at the show while I'm recording?" he begged with his eyes.

" You just know how perfect I am with kids." I said sarcastically, mouth full of food. He chuckled.

" No really, I want her to meet you and get to know you... maybe even like you." he nudged me.

" Kids hate me. my baby cousin bit my ankle when I tried bathing him." I sighed, shoving another forkful into my mouth.

" C'mon! it'll be fun!" He smiled his contagious smile forcing me to grin.

" Fine." I sighed. he grinned and we finished eating in silence.

" So what are we doing today?" Jimmy came into the kitchen and took over cleaning the dishes, giving me a break.

" I'm kinda tired... we can do what I always do when I'm tired but still wanna have fun." I grinned up at him.

" And what would that be?" he smiled, flicking water at me.

" You have surround sound right?" I bit my lip.

" Yes?" I giggled and ran to his tv.

" Oh Lord." he came into the room and stood in the doorway. I grabbed my phone and plugged it up to the sound system. I pressed my Pandora app and turned to the 80's Pop channel. as soon as the first song started playing, I knew what it was and giggled.

" Boom TSS boomboom tss!" I sang along to the drum.

" Oh my gosh!" Jimmy doubled over laughing as I turned the surround sound up.

" OH MICKEY YOU SO FINE YOU SO FINE YOU BLOW MY MIND HEY MICKEY! HEY MICKEY!" I sang in a loud obnoxious voice and danced around awkwardly. I looked up at Jimmy and smiled.

" OH MICKEY YOU SO FINE YOU SO FINE YOU BLOW MY MIND HEY MICKEY! HEY MICKEY!" he chimed in, singing with his gorgeous voice. We both danced around like idiots, singing Hey Mickey at the top of our lungs.

" Ohh!" Jimmy giggled as the next song came on.

"Let's do this." I nodded, bouncing around.

" JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL!" Jimmy sang and pointed at me.

" LIVIN' IN A LOOONELYYY WOOORLD!" I pointed back at him.

" SHE TOOK A MIDNIGHT TRAIN GOIN' AAANYWHEEEREEE!" we did this for the next 5 songs.

" You never told me you can sing." Jimmy giggled, pulling me into the couch next to him.

" Because I sound like a beached whale." I elbowed him. we sat there in silence, humming the beginning if Africa. I looked up at Jimmy and he had a strangely amused expression on his face. I knew exactly what he was gonna do. I bit my lip to keep in the giggles. Jimmy leapt out of his seat, turning to me.

" ITS GONNA TAKE A LOT TO TAKE ME AWAY FROM YOUU! THERES NOTHIN THAT A HUNDRED MEN OR MORE COULD EVER DOOO! I BLESSED THE RAINS DOWN IN AAAFRICAAA! ITS GONNA TAKE SOME TIME TO DO THE THINGS WE NEVER HAAAAAAAAAAVEE! OOO WOOO!" he dance awkwardly like in the Camp Winniepesuke skit. I burst into laughter, laying on the couch, clutching my stomach.

" You're retarded!" I said between fits of laughter. He walked over to my phone and switched stations. he smiled and walked over to me. he ran his fingers through his hair and held his hand out. I slowly took it. he pulled me up and put one hand on my waist, the other still holding into my hand. he reached up and moved my arm to his neck as the next song came on.

' Well you only need the light when it's burning low.

Only miss the sun when when starts to snow

Only know you love her when you let her go.'

Jimmy started waltzing me around the living room. He put his chin on my head as we stepped.

1-2,3

1-2,3

1-2,3

I smiled down at my feet that for once weren't clumsy. He pulled my waist closer and we swayed side to side, keeping rhythm with the song. I bit my lip and smiled to myself. I rested my chin on his collarbone and looked up at him, 4 inches taller than me.

" Only know you've been high when your feeling low..." he sand down at me.

" Only hate the road when you're missin' home." I harmonized with him, closing my eyes and mumbled the rest of the lyrics. when the song ended, an obnoxious 'Rolling In The Deep' came on. we pulled apart and i blushed down at the floor, my hands folded in front of me.

" You're a great singer." Jimmy smiled, turning down the music.

" Thanks.... or are you lying? sarcasm maybe?" I bit my lip, insecurity locking it's chains in me. I glanced up. he looked sad.

" Why do you say stuff like that?" he whispered, wrapping his arms around my shoulders.

" Stuff like what?" I mumbled into his chest.

" You always back out of accepting compliments." I could feel his frown.

" I-uh..." I bit my lip.

" Hey." he pulled away to look me in the face. " hey... you're perfect and deserving of every compliment in the universe. hey pal." I looked up at him, lip quivering. he had a comforting smile on his face. " smile. a smile always looks better on everyone. imagine if all people did was smile. this world would be so much happier." he grinned down at me. i mumbled something in his chest.

" What was that?" he lifted my chin. I sighed and looked at the floor.

" How would we know happiness without anger, sadness, darkness." I could feel my stomach clenching.

" I guess your right... but a lifetime of happiness certainly beats a lifetime of sadness."

" I wish a lifetime if happiness was possible... but it's not." I sniffled and wrapped my arms around him.

" Pal. you're absolute perfection. don't let anyone tell you otherwise. you've made me feel something in The past month than I ever felt in a whole year with Nancy. you fuel my spark." he pulled me into his chest and kissed the top of my head.

'I love you.' I whispered so that he couldn't hear the confession that's been bottled up since day one.

•••••••••••••••••••

Yea sorry it's so dramatic and yea...