Y

Areum's POV:

I waited at the lamp post where we always meet.

I have made a lot of memories at this location.

I wore my glasses instead of lens that I'd usually wear, so I pushed them up the bridge of my nose.

Just then the thought of what happened last time we were here occured to me. I felt blood rushing to my cheeks, my lips unintentionally curved at the edges and I was smiling like a lunatic looking into space.

"Ahem.. Areum?" I heard a familiar voice beside me.

I turned to my right just to meet those beautiful doe eyes.

"Oh, hey Jisung.." I replied suddenly shy.

He smiled at me and even if it was a little dark, I could see the slight pink appearing on his cheeks. How cute is that?

We just stood there, looked at eachother for a brief moment and started to walk.

Silence.

Then he decided to speak up.

"Umm.. Areum, I- I'm sorry for last time, I didn't reali-" I stopped in my tracks and turned left to look at him straight in the eyes.

And then I leaned forward and pecked him on the lips. A brief but sweet kiss.

"We're even now" I said looking at his shocked eyes, which lit up. I could see his eyes fire up just like those flames swallowing wood at a bonfire.

I was continuing to walk but I felt a hand reach for mine. It was his hand.

I stopped and looked at him.

He took my hand and placed it on his chest.

I felt his heartbeat. It was as if his heart would jump out of his chest any moment.

"Areum.. This is what you do to me. I've never felt like this because of any other girl. My heart beats like crazy, and my stomach it- it get's tied up in knots. I don't know- I don't know what this feeling is, but what I know is that...," he exhaled as his eyes were full of hope and admiration and gulped before the last chunk of words incoming.

"I love you..." he finished with an expectant smile on his face.

Just as those words escaped his lips, everything in my vision lit up. Butterflies bomarded the walls of my stomach. I don't know why but tears started pooling in my eyes, tears of joy.

And then I let them fall.

"I love you too, Han Jisung." I finally said and hugged him.

He hugged me back. To my knowledge, he was the first and only person whom I decided to let in.

And it's silly how every now and then, every thing he'd say or do or whatever...It would send scurried confetti flying in my head and my heart which would continue to let me drift to a heavenly abyss.

I felt safe in his warm embrace as I shut out all the other thoughts that wanted to appear to me and just thought about one person.

Han Jisung.

I was so lost in his embrace that I didn't realize that he was panting.

I let go of him and looked up at his face. It went pale and beads of sweat appeared on his forehead. He looked sick, but he still managed to keep that beautiful smile of his intact.

"Jisung... are you alright? " I asked suddenly worried, as I reached for his forehead.

He suddenly backed off.