prologue

At ten a.m. I was sitting in my second period, watching the time tick by like a kid waiting for Santa. It was the last day of school and I couldn't help but wonder why time went by so slowly when you needed it to hurry up.

At eleven a.m. I was witnessing a real life drug deal in the parking lot of my school. First off, I had never before seen such a thing, and second, why in the world was it being done on school property? Of all places.

Instead of leaving like I should've, my curiosity got the best of me and I got a little closer to listen to their conversation. I had never heard criminals talk before, and I just wanted to know if they spoke gruff like in the movies.

"Listen, I did what you wanted, it's in the envelope. My job is done. I just get it from Earl, and deliver it to you guys. I never open the packages."

That voice, it sounded familiar to me at the time, but  not so familiar that I could name the person off the top of my head. So being the stupid person I was, I peeked around the car to get a better look.

Lo and behold, the voice belonged to none other than Dylan Cooper, the residential bad boy of Cedar Hill High. Of course it had to be him. Stupid bad boys and their devious ways. Out of anyone in school, it figures that he's the one out here dealing drugs.

I lean forward to hear more.

"Listen kid," the scary big man said, putting out his cigarette before continuing, "It's cute that you think you have what it takes, but 'round here we're men. You're either in, or you're out."

Dylan didn't say anything and the man sighed.

"We'll see how long you make it. Playing both sides is dangerous, boy."

He lit another cigarette, and took a puff. I wrinkled my nose in disgust.

As I thought the man was about to walk away, he turned and roughly shoved Dylan against the car I'm hiding behind. I let out a gasp and jumped back, scared to death and wondering if they heard me, but after my heart calmed I returned to my spying position and surely enough, they didn't seem to have heard.

The man laughed and let go of Dylan who was shooting him a glare. If looks could kill...

"See? You're just a kid. Go back to school." The man threw his cigarette and then walked off.

I had the urge to follow after him and demand that he pick up both of his dumb cigarettes, but seeing as I wanted to live, I fought it off and watched Dylan.

He shook his head and punched the same car he was slammed onto. I bit my lip, poor car.

"Dick." He muttered before he, himself, walked off too.

I took a step back and processed what I just watched. Should I have went the police over that? Not only was Dylan involved in something illegal, but it seemed to me that his life was on the line too.

I stepped over to where they previously stood and noticed something black on the ground. Narrowing my eyes, I picked the object up.

It was Dylan Cooper's phone. He must've dropped it when the mean man shoved him. I looked towards the school doors but didn't see him. Besides, if I went after him he would know I was standing here, listening.

I got goosebumps just wondering what he would do to me.

I shook my head and looked towards the car they kept beating up and realized something.

It was my car.

+

The prologue is finished! What do you think? Do you think Dylan is getting in over his head? If he's doing something stupid? Do you think Lexi is dumb for getting too close?

Thank you for reading!!! I love you all! <3

please vote and comment!
xoxo