8. Promise?

3rd person

The children of the academy would have never remembered him, but they all had met before. He was a troubled boy who wanted nothing more than to be special, just like them. The academy was just getting back from a mission, people gathered around people were barricaded off so they could walk in the door.

Loud cheers came from the crowd as kids started to come out. Ben got out first, then Klaus, then Diego, then Allison, then Iris, then Luther. Suddenly a boy dressed like them jumped the barricade grabbing Allison and Iris. "H-hey!" The girls gasped being pulled back, almost falling.

"Excuse me, I'm your biggest fan." The boy didn't have time to finish as Luther grabbed his shoulder.

"Hey you're not supposed to be in here." Luther scolded the boy as Allison kept walking. Iris however stood and watched.

"Luther, it's alright, he was just saying hello." The boy looked to Iris in appreciation. "I'm Iris." She reached to take the boys hand, only to be stopped by her father.

"Get back behind the barricade." Mister Hargreeves yelled pointing for the boy to leave me alone.

"It's just, I was born on the same day as the academy kids. I think I'm like them, I must be. I haven't quite figured out what my power is... yet. But maybe with your help, we can find out." The young boys eyes were filled with hope as he talked to my father, I knew better though.

He was going to demolish any hope this kid had. "Get inside Number Eight!" Father yell, but she did as told. Iris looked back to see a boy who's future was just ripped away from him. His face was devastated, but his eyes were hateful as people laughed.

Iris' POV

I watched Five grimace in pain, making me worry but not speak. "I'm sorry, am I the only one skeptical here? I mean how exactly do you know all of this about what's his name?" Allison asked, I rolled my eyes at how my family was acting to this new knowledge.

"Harold Jenkins." Five and I said at the same time.

"You know those lunatics in masks who attacked the house?" Five asked as if we didn't remember.

"Oh yeah, I think I remember those guys." Klaus started.

"Yeah, me too. I think on of the shot me." I looked to Diego who nodded his head.

"Yeah the ones who attacked us when you were getting drunk." Diego said making me turn my head to Five from looking Diego.

"That's where you were?" I asked.

"Yeah, them." I scoffed as he ignored me. "They were sent here by the temps commission to stop me from coming back an preventing the end of life on earth." Five continued.

"The temps what?" Allison asked.

"My former employer. They monitor all of time and space to make sure that whatever is supposed to happen, happens. They believe the apocalypse is coming in three days, so I went to commission head quarters and intercepted a message that was meant for said lunatics. Protect Harold Jenkins, so he must be responsible for the apocalypse." We stood in silence trying to understand what Five had just told us. All at the same time my siblings started to ask questions. I stayed quiet as Five and I looked at each other.

Five moved his blazer a little then looked down, making me think that's where the pain was coming from. "You know what else is insane? I look like a 13 year old boy, Klaus talks to the dead, Iris was frozen for 17 years, and Luther thinks he's fooling everybody with that over coat. Everything about us is insane, it always has been." Five said.