7. A Day Not to Remember

This chapter might get a little confusing, but I wanted to talk about the day, even if no one remembers it.

From my sobs I could hear Luther calling for Five. A loud bang was heard as Klaus drove the ice cream truck into Hazel and Cha-cha's car. "Come get it!" Luther yelled as he threw the case into the parking lot. Luther went running to help the boys in the truck, while I lied on the pavement numb and unable to move. The boys yelled as they helped each other get to the car.

"Iris! You need to get up!" Diego yelled at me. I didn't move, I just kept crying to myself. Luther ran over and scooped me into his arms.

"We need to go." He ran to the car placing me in the passengers seat. Luther ran to the drivers seat as I curled myself into a ball, pressing my sore hip into the seat and turning my back to the others.

"Luther! Go! Go! Go! Go ! Go!" Klaus yelled from the back seat. The car jumped forward and didn't stop. The ride had been almost silence, except for my whimpers and sniffles.

"Where'd Five go?" Klaus asked from the back seat. Luther turned around and hit him. "Hey ow! What?" He yelled. "Ohh." He said in realization.

"He left me, us." I felt tears threatening to spill again.

"Where did he go Iris?" Diego asked. I couldn't lift my head, tears just flowed for my eyes.

"He made a deal with The Handler, to go back to work." The boys stayed in silence understanding why I was so upset.

"Oh." Was all that was said, the car stayed quiet until we got to the house. Luther stopped the to before pulling into the drive way. He was about to start driving when I opened my door jumping out of the car.

"Iris!" Three shocked guys yelled at me as I ran into the house. I had enough of everyone pitting me. I was tired of being the weakest link. I needed more answers. I ran into dads office hunting for something that could help me.

As I looked though the shelves, drawers, cabinets, anything I could get to, memorise started to haunt me from the name Five had called me.

I had used my powers against Diego to get what I wanted. This started a huge argument. "You don't even have a cool power! All you do is throw knifes!" I yelled at him.

"Well if it wasn't for us, your only power would be turning into a dog." Diego got closer to me. "Your just a copycat! That's all you are, and all you will ever be!"

Even though we were only nine when this happened and I know he doesn't mean it now, it still hurt. At the time his words cut me, it felt as if he threw one of his knifes. I sighed thinking about how many times I got in trouble from using my powers.

"Number Eight, I forbid you from transforming into your me, Grace, Pogo, or your sibling!" Father yelled after I had just pulled a prank on everyone by shifting into him.

"It was just a joke." I looked down. Dad sighed as he watched me carefully.

"You have no idea what you are capable of, Number Eight." Dad left me there by myself wondering what he meant.

I thought about how much easier life would have been if I never had powers. I would have been normal.

—————

Before I knew it, it was morning. I had been looking all night for whatever dad knew about my powers. frustrated I threw a paper weight off of dads desk. "Come on! There must be something that can help me in here!" I threw books, files, and papers everywhere as I looked for something of importance.