Chapter Two: The schemer does not want love

There was really nothing fun or notable that happened these past five years.

And yup. I am already five. Well, turning five tomorrow, that is.

Because of this reason, the whole household was in a very busy state. There were lots of people going in and out of our estate. Everyone was doing something and everybody looked happy.

Except for Lady Christine and Lady Rosette.

These past years, I have accumulated a lot of knowledge from this world and I even made a list about it. Below is what I have learned:

1. Males can lead a polygamous life. (aka they can marry as many women as they want as long as they give proof and evidence that they actually have the financial resources.)
2. My father is a Duke. (Clichè, I know.)
3. My mother is the Duke's third and last wife. She was from a Baron household and she was said to be the prettiest woman in the land. (That is why Lady Christine and Lady Rosette are very envious of her.)
4. I have two brothers here. Each from the other ladies. The eldest is Augustus and the younger one is Myron. (Unlike our mothers, we live in harmony and they dote on me so much. Ahhh, I am surrounded by sistercons.)
5. I am currently living in an otome game world.

The last bit of information came to me as a shocker. As you all know, I really hate all those fluffy romcoms and have immersed myself in horror novels in my past life however, there was a reason for this.

You see, back when I was in my middle school days- of my past life, of course-, I was a die hard shoujo otaku. I really loved watching romance mangas and animes and I was delusional. Looking at it now, I feel so embarassed. Well, because of this, I was engrossed in playing otome games and that's where it started.

I never, ever got a good ending with any capture targets!

No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't snatch the heart of any bishounen and that broke my heart and I have started thinking that I may have been doomed when it came to love. Ah! It breaks my heart and that may be the cause as to why I have turned myself to horror novels. Nothing is scarier than a 2d bishounen telling you that: "I am sorry (y/n), I love her even more than you."

Cue the sound of heartbreaks.

Going back to the original topic, I realized that this was the world of [Don't break my heart, Mr. Noble!]. Ah, the title makes me want to gag. Blergh!!! I can't believe I used to play this game.

The setting was set like that in a Victorian era. There were some similarities and a few differences. There was a great disparity between the nobles, bourgeois and the proletariats. Nobles are the highest class aside from the royalties of course, bourgeoisie are the middle-class such as merchants and lastly, the proletariats are those of the laboring class.

I am obviously part of the nobles as my father is a duke. If I could remember correctly, I am just some sort of side antagonist- a supporting character of the main villainess. The heroine who is a proletariat, enters the main academy in high school where every rich person just picks on the poor. The capture targets feel sympathy for her, she captures their hearts and bam! She's got her own reverse harem in an instant.

I played this game before and I feel that I was the only one who never had a happy ending. All my classmates and friends all got it and I was so frustrated that I threw the game away.

Well, I could not do anything about it now, seeing that I am already here. At least I did not end up as the main villainess nor the heroine- I could still live peacefully except for the fact that I was supposed to be engaged to a capture target.

Argh! I hate my life. But wait! What if I just don't get engaged at all? In the game, my character, Marcella Von Altheione, got engaged to the said capture target on her fifth birthday. I think it was because the capture target spilled some beverage on her gown then his parents and my parents talked for a compensation which was engagement. A freakin' ENGAGEMENT FOR TWO CHILDREN WHO WERE BOTH JUST FIVE YEAR OLDS? I really found it absurd and if it was just about a stained gown, don't we have enough laundresses and detergent to wash it away? Heck, I could wash it by myself even!