"Truth is in the flower" Chapter One

Sayde scrambled through her door, room number 111, putting in her ear plugs, wrapping her thick, long, wavy platinum locks into a side braid over her right shoulder. Finished spraying on her mid-thigh length ECO-SKIN garment, then chucking the can to the floor in her room. Her small frame, and long legs made it an easy task to manage applying alone. ECO-SKINS acted as a proxy for baring all emotional feelings and displayed the color vibration variant. Or the bodies Aura.

Sadye's ECO-SKIN was usually variants of red or black, while most girls her age emanated variants of pink, or yellow. Sayde was not like most girls though, although her appearances were that of a 20th century high fashion Model. Her mind was unconventional as she suffered from (AS) also known as aspergers syndrome. Her physic and high intelligence level was coveted by all her peers, despite her flawed condition. Sayde was Hot headed and lacked a filter, so with these factors in combination Sayde was needless to say lacking in the friends department. All the girls in her age class in building-Y level 10, saw her as a threat and a problem they wished they could just sweep under a rug.

Forgetting to close her door as always, then remembered half way down the hall to the elevators and ran back. She almost swore but reminded herself today was the Ebbra, and quickly swallowed her words, but cursed at the door in her mind as she closed it gently. Her peers pasting her, smiling and shaking heads in disapproval, as to say.."yep, she did it again", but Sayde couldn't stop to think about it much because today she wasn't going to be late, again.

She pushed herself into the over crowded elevated with two dozen other teen girls, they were all born within the year of her birth, everyone of them outstanding citizens, healthy, smart, fast, she was well aware they were her competition. Pouring out of the elevator, into the streets, and towards the eastern square they scampered.

Through the bustling brigade, to get there first as every action was carefully observed by the E-Qoy, and everyone knew that the earlier you were to Ebbra the more favoritism would be shown toward candidates, it was her chance now this year and Sayde wanted to be chosen from her group. She prayed today her luck would change.

Someone grabbed onto her shoulder firmly jolting her nerves and nearly stopping her in her tracks. Turning with rage in her eyes, Sayde saw a sleek tall, green eyed, freckled, red haired boy. It was just Aklas her Best friend; her only friend. Sayde's guard fell and she smiled fondly at Aklas mirroring momentarily his kind face. He was pleased to see Sayde smile, not much ever did make her smile..but everything was different today because of the Ebbra.

Grabbing hands they ran now together joyfully, reaching the entrance of the east square. Aklas soaking in the softness of Saydey's dainty elegant hands. Carefully they dodged the red guards to find a seat nearest the front. Sayde was a rebel at heart and everywhere she went she dragged Aklas. Sayde didn't understand what a comfort zone or personal boundaries were. Sayde just felt Aklas to be the brother she never had. To Aklas, Sayde was the love he'd move mountains for. He was to cowardly to ever speak his feelings knowing well Sayde's fiery temperament. He could never risk loosing her. Never.

They found a front bench seat, and pushed a couple that had been kissing from it's edge then sat. The couple stood looking down sadly, Sayde gave them her infamous look that said, "you don't want to challenge me;" her ECO-SKIN turning fire red. Quickly the couple fled leaving the seat to them. Aklas wrapped his hand onto Sayde's hand studying her expressions as the Ebbra began. Sayde had never seen so many people in the square in her lifetime.

Everyone had sat down in the Arena in the eastern square, and the Citizens silence was dully something to be noted.

The Arenas structure shape was four crescent moons, North, South, East, and West.