rock my world

The buzzing of my phone is what pulls me out of my slumber before the rapid knocking downstairs actually pulls me out of bed.
"What the hell is going on?"
I make a soft sound shrugging my shoulders at Jamie's sleepy question.
I pad downstairs clad in just a hoodie and underwear. I couldn't handle to sleep in anything more when Jamie was in bed with me. That man was a human heater.
I groan loudly before pulling the door open after I unlock it.
A squeal leaves my mouth seeing Viktor, P.K, Roman, Ryan, Pekka, and Phillip standing at the door.
I jump into P.K's arms laughing softly. Suddenly the time of morning and lack of clothes didn't matter.
"Oh my god you guys. I've fucking missed all of you!"
P.K. laughs as he sets me down and walks into the house.
"This pad is sick, babes."
A giggle leaves my mouth as I let the rest of the boys in.
Ryan instantly getting down to play with Prada.
I lean against Arvy as he hugs me against his side.
P.K. looks up the stairs before looking back at me with a smirk on his face.
  "Prince Charming!" P.K. yells up the stairs before he races up them.
  "I'm right here!" Roman says with a boyish grin before looking at me.
  "You have yourself a man?"
I glance up at Arvy before biting my bottom lip as I look at Jos and the other guys.
I was about to respond when P.K. comes down the stairs dying of laughter as Jamie follows him down in a pair of basketball shorts.
I shift away from Viktor upon seeing Jamie.
I smile up at my boyfriend before kissing him gently.
  "Meds are on the counter. Tom has food at the rink for you guys. Keys are on the hook. To be on time you have to leave in forty five minutes." I murmur rubbing his back.
He nods curtly before walking between Arvy and I to get to the kitchen.
I swallow harshly before looking at the group.
  "So uh. I can make breakfast, I'm sure you guys haven't had anything truly home cooked in a bit."
The boys make sounds of agreement while I walk into the kitchen leaving them to explore the house.
"Thanks for the warning that they were coming over. I would have left last night."
I tense hearing Jamie's tone and seeing how stiff he was.
"Jamie, come on. I didn't know they were coming. They do this. This is their personality. Don't be like this please. They're my friends."
He shakes his head before grabbing his keys and walking back up to my bedroom. I bite my bottom lip before starting on breakfast for the boys in my living room.
  "Why did you not tell me?"
I glance over my shoulder seeing Viktor standing there with his hands in his pockets.
  "I didn't know how you'd react. I didn't want to make you upset."
He shakes his head walking up beside me. I watch as he starts helping to prepare the meal.
  "As long as you are happy I will never be upset. That's all I ever want for you is happiness."
My head bobs hearing his words.
  "We had a good time together and it was amazing but you're with someone who is great and amazing and caring. What we had is in the past. You can't do things because you're afraid of how I will react."
I glance over at the hockey player beside me before hugging him tightly.
  "I feel like I'm shooting myself in the foot with this whole thing. I kept this from you to keep you happy but now I'm hurting Jamie because you and the boys are here. I just don't know how to win this."
Arvy looks down at me confused before shaking his head.
  "Why is he being hurt?"
I let out a soft laugh before glancing up at my ex.
  "He doesn't appreciate how close I am with all of you and the fact that I've slept with almost all of you."
Arvy nods his head as if understanding where Jamie was coming from.
  "I can see where that would be worrying but you're one of the most loyal people I've came in contact with. I saw you stop talking to a guy because you came to Nashville and he played for a different team."
What he was saying was true especially the last one.
I interned for the Oilers for a few months in the 2015-2016 season to help get my feet wet in the business and get my name out there. That was also the year that Connor McDavid was drafted. We started talking and continued to talk until I joined Nashville as their public relations manager. I couldn't do that to him or the team. I couldn't root for Connor one second then cheer for Nashville it just would have made those games way too hard to watch and it wouldn't be fair to either parties.
  "Yeah he doesn't know about that. He knows about Brad and I, he obviously knows about us, and he knows about my history with some SPHL players."
I avoid Viktor's gaze by turning around when I hear Jamie come down the stairs. i knew that Viktor would be upset that I haven't told Jamie about Connor since that didn't end well and it was a big deal in my life.
A small smile forms on my face when I hear the guys tell Jamie good bye.
My hand grabs Jamie's wrist as he goes to walk by me to get to the garage.
I pull him close looking up at my much taller boyfriend.
  "Hey, be careful. I want you to be okay for the game tomorrow, yeah? Cause you're playing cleared or not." I murmur to him softly trying to make him smile.
All i am met with is a kiss to my temple before he walks out.
  "Boy toy is gone! So you can now spill all the details." P.K. says loudly as soon as the door to Jamie's car can be heard shut.
Arvy offers me a smile before looking back at the boys.
  "They haven't had sex yet if those are the details you want."
I give P.K a look before looking back at the man next to me.
  "How the hell do you know that?"
P.K stares at me as if I had just punched him in the gut.
  "Are you serious? You haven't taken him to bed yet? These boys have turned you soft, Beebsy."
I roll my eyes at my best friend before looking at Arvy still waiting for his answer.
His cheeks were a faint pink as he continues to help me cook.
  "I was with you for almost two years. I know how you act when you've had sex and when you haven't. You haven't had sex in a while."
My cheeks heat up hearing his words before my attention was drawn to Pekka.
  "Plus, Seguin would have mentioned it to us if you two had. He likes to keep up partly informed. He didn't tell anyone that you and Jamie were dating. He did say that you two were uh very handy."
I slowly nod my head thinking about what they just said.
  "So you haven't had dick in how long?"
I roll my eyes at P.K before throwing a straw at him. He better be lucky I didn't have my metal straw in hand or I would have definitely chucked that at him.
  "Since the second day I was here." I mutter starting to put the food on plates.
  "Oh my god you haven't had sex in months!"
He wasn't wrong. I had been working for the Stars for almost three months now so I haven't had sex in a bit.
  "Just because we haven't had sex doesn't mean we haven't done anything." I murmur under my breath as I set the plates on the island where the boys can help themself to the food.
  "Oh I want to know about that!"
  "P.K. stop! We don't want to know! Brie you can tell P.K. about your sex life later. Let's just eat and enjoy having our girl back for the time being." Ryan smiles before pulling me into a side hug
~
  "Do you even know where we're going?"
  "Shut the fuck up, Jos! You're not making any of this better!"
  "How the hell do you get lost this bad?"
I slam my foot on the breaks looking at my car full of ho key players.
  "If one of you makes another fucking smart ass comment I'm throwing your ass out and telling coach that I don't know what the fuck happened to you."
I let off the break before pushing on the gas pedal momentarily.
A heavy sigh comes from my lips as the caller I.D on my screen flashes up my brothers name.
  "Yes Ben."
  "Well good to know you and Jamie are in the same mood."
I roll my eyes for what feels like the five hundredth time that day.
  "Unlike him I have a valid reason to be pissed at the world. He's just butt hurt that I'm spending time with my ex and friends."
  "Brie-"
  "Are you fucking serious? Yeah I'm pissed that you're hanging out with your ex! But you know why? It's because you seem so much happier to spend time with him than you do with me! Anytime his name is brought up you start beaming but you don't do that when I'm around or people say my name."
I stop the car once again needing to calm myself before I drive again. Wish I knew that Jamie was on the phone before I said anything.
Think before you say anything Brianna. You know how stressful playoff season can be and he's hurt and he's the captain. Don't say anything stupid.
  "Jamie that's because I miss him. I get happy when people talk about him because it helps me think about what all we did and went through together. That makes me miss him. That makes me light up. It's just hard to miss you when I'm always with you. It's hard to fall in love with you when I don't have the time to analyze exactly what I love about you because I'm always busy doing something that somehow involves you. It's hard to fall in love with all of you when I can't  even fall in love with the thought of you because you're always there."
  "Oh so this is my fault! Lovely glad that you can't fall in love with me because I'm always with you."
I groan leaning my head back against the headrest.
  "That's not what I mean Jamie. Please let's not do this over the phone. Let's meet somewhere and talk this over."
  "No. No you need to be away from me so you can miss me. You need to be away from me to see if you love me or not. So have fun figuring that out. I already know that I love you but that means nothing if you can't figure out if you love me back. Have fun spending time with the team you obviously love and the guy that you are still in love with. I'll be here waiting on you to figure out if you are going to decide to love me or not."
My heart drops as the line goes off.
Of course this had to happen today.
Of course we had to have our first really big fight now.
Of course this had to happen when I'm lost with no clue where I am with six hockey players.
Of course it did.

///
hey you lovely people! i hope that you are enjoying this story. i am trying to post as much as i can and keep this as interesting as possible. i have so much in store for this story. i just wanted to put this here to let you all know that i appreciate all the reads and votes! i am also thinking about adding a few new female characters to be brie's friends and since all of brie's friends are guys... so if anyone wants to possibly have their name to be used just like drop me a message or something. yeah so thanks again for all the love and support on this story!!
much love,
Xx a.