dallas dreaming

I groan stepping out of the car.
The long drive to Dallas from Nashville was less then fun.
I love to drive but I wasn't planning on driving for almost eleven hours straight stopping only for bathroom breaks.
I glance up at my new workplace, the American Airlines center.
It was no Bridgestone but it was still impressive.
I walk with Prada to the area where they said I would be meeting the general manager and owner of the Dallas Stars.
I would be introduced to the players later in the day.
Getting settled into my new place wasn't top on the list of priorities which meant that Prada would be coming everywhere with me today.
  I walk to the door designated for players and staff seeing Thomas Gaglardi and Jim Nill waiting for me.
I offer them both a warm but tired smile.
  "Good morning! It's amazing to have you here in Dallas." Jim says in a happy tone.
  "Good morning to you all too. It's good to be in Dallas!" I respond trying to keep everything short and sweet.  I needed to save my energy for later when I meet the head coach and the team.
~
Two hours later after all the paper work was signed and my office was given to me I was led down to the locker room
I nod my head seeing Jamie and the coach upon my arrival.
"It's nice to formally meet you. I've heard a lot about you from Ben and a few of the other guys. I am glad to see you brought your puppy along with you." Jim says happily.
I smile watching him lean down to pet Prada.
"This is Jamie Benn our captain. I assume you two have met already. He is going to show you the ins and outs of the AAC. The boys should be done with showers and cooling down by then so it will be good to get you introduced then. I am going to go over a few plays and strategizes with my assistant coach. Jamie, just come get me when you are done."
The brunette simply nods before starting his walking from the locker room doors to the ice.
"So how was the drive?" He asks trying to make small talk.
I shrug my shoulders as I walk along side him.
"I mean it was an eleven hour drive. I don't think that's enjoyable for anyone especially after having to say goodbye to your home and your friends of a few years." I murmurs exhaustedly.
I was trying to be happy and nice but it was a little hard with how tired I am.
"I know a place where you can take a nap. You seem like you need it. I can show you around another day." Jamie offers glancing over at me.
I smile faintly before nodding my head.
"I would love that actually." I hum thinking about closing my eyes and sleeping. The thought made me smile. I glance down at Prada who was seemingly getting tired as well.
Jamie leads me through a series of hallways and door before entering a room that had a couch and tables.
"This is a lounge area that no one ever uses. We can hide in here for a hour or so." He explains running a hand trough his damp hair. He looks as if he had showered before I got there.
I nod my head and watch as Prada walks around the room before looking up as if saying, 'mom I'm tired lay down so I can snuggle'.
I take my place on the couch curling up trying to get comfortable. I hum as Prada takes her place up against my stomach.
I close my eyes trying to get a nap in before I was introduced to the team.
I could hear Jamie shuffling around and his breathing but that was the extent of the noise in the room.
After trying for a good fifteen minutes to sleep I give up.
I was always one of those kids that if they didn't have a pillow they couldn't sleep.
I huff opening my eyes glancing down at Prada who was out like a light.
"What's wrong?"
I jump slightly forgetting for a moment that Jamie was also here.
"I'm a diva." I laugh softly.
He furrows his brows as if trying to figure out what I meant.
"I can't sleep without a pillow. For one I just physically can't fall asleep without one and two if I don't have a pillow my neck hurts. I have a car accident to thank for that one." I explain laughing softly.
Jamie glances at me before scanning the room.
"I uh- you can uh use me as a pillow if you uh want. I mean- uh- that sounds a lot more suggestive then what I meant for it to be. I just-"
I smile before cutting him off.
"That's fine. I really need sleep. Thank you for sacrificing yourself as my human pillow." I hum moving slightly so he could get situated how he wanted to.
He simply sits on the couch resting his arm along the back letting me lay my head on his lap.
I move Prada closer to me and lay my head against his thigh.
From being around hockey players pretty much all my life I had gotten used to using people's legs and bodies as a pillow so this wasn't anything abnormal for me.
What was abnormal was the warm feeling spreading through my stomach.
This had never happened before.
I had never had this feeling.
I try to shrug it off as my eyes start getting heavy and sleep starts pulling me in.
~
A groan tumbled from my lips as my face is being attacked with kisses.
I rub my eyes moving Prada away from my face.
I glance up seeing that Jamie has also fallen asleep.
A smile forms on my face feeling his hand against the back of my head.
I can tell that he must have been playing with my hair while I was sleeping.
Prada barks making Jamie stir.
Using this as an opportunity to move I sit up and ruffle his hair.
"Hey bud. We should probably go see the team." I murmur looking at him.
His eyes open groggily before a soft smile makes its way on his face.
"Sorry I guess I fell asleep." He chuckles before fixing his hair.
I get off the couch and fix my light oversized sweater.
Prada snuggles into Jamie looking up at him expectantly.
"Prada, you can walk. You have four perfectly working legs. Come on." I coo to the dog but she asks as if she does not hear me.
I playfully gasp seeing Jamie pick up Prada.
"She's never going to listen to me when you are around." I joke as he leads us back towards the locker room.
He simply chuckles shrugging his shoulders.
"Ah that's okay." He smiles back at me.
He takes a stop at the coaches office informing him that I was ready to meet the team.
"So how did you like the AAC?" Coach asks as he walks up to the locker room.
I glance at Jamie before smiling at the coach.
"It's great." I cough struggling to keel from laughing.
The coach simply nods before walking into the locker room expecting Jamie and I to follow him.
I look around the locker room recognizing a few faces.
"Boys, this is Brianna Bishop. She is the new social media coordinator and co-video editor. You and her will be working close together seeing as how most of her job is to capture moments for the fans and for promotions."
I nod at the guys offering them a smile.
I was feeling a lot better now that I had my nap.
Which was good because I would need all the energy dealing with these guys.