Chapter 5

Mira wakes up in the field in the same spot they were in. She turns her head and sees Silas with his eyes still closed. Mira sits up "You lied to me! What the hell is wrong with you? You're a freaking parasite? Why did you have to use me as your host? How did you even get to me? My father is trying to find you right now. He wants you dead and I hope he kills you!"

Silas opens his eyes and looks over at her, "Sorry to break it to you princess, but you kill me and you'll just be killing yourself."

"What are you talking about?"

"I guess your father didn't tell you, but you kill a Parasitus while it's still connected to the host, and the host goes with it. Also, I'm part of your dark magic. That's how I got to you. When it was still in the tree trunk, I connected myself to it. You need me to control your magic anyway."

"I don't need you for shit!! I want you to stay the hell away from me and I want you out of my head!" Mira was so mad her eyes went black and this dark aura was emitting off of her.

Silas sits up. "What? You gonna kill me, princess? Here's something else you should know. I'm not 17, I just look like it. I'm 3,000 years old meaning I'm way stronger than you are."

Mira gets up. "Just stay the hell away from me."

~

Mira wakes up. She looked at her arms and the black veins were showing again because of how upset she was.

Mira gets out of bed and into the shower to try and cool down. After she finishes, she gets dressed and goes downstairs and goes to her father's office.

She knocks on the door. Nobody answers.

"Your father isn't here at the moment, Your Highness."

Mira turns around and sees that it's Jasmin. "Where did he go? Do you know when he'll be returning?"

"He didn't say, Your Highness."

"Oh okay."

Mira waited all day for her father to come home, but he never did. She decided to just go to bed and hope that he returns tomorrow morning.

~

The next morning, Mira woke up happy that she didn't see Silas. Mira ventures downstairs hoping to be able to talk to her father.

Mira goes to his office and was about to knock when the door opens. Kobal comes walking out of the room.

"Your Highness."

"Kobal."

Mira walks into the room. "Hello, father."

"Mira I was just about to tell Jasmin to get you. Come sit." Mira sits down in the chair.

"So, as you might have noticed, I wasn't home all day yesterday, I was with Silas."

"What?! What happened? I saw him the other day in my dream. He said that if he dies, I die with him. Is that true? and he said that I need him for my magic?"

"Yes, that is true. Killing a Parasitus while it's still connected to its host will also kill the host. And your magic, it's quite powerful Mira, as much as I don't want it to be true, you need him."

"What do you mean I need him?"

"I mean that you're powerful, Mira. I can feel the energy off of you and it's strong. I think it's something you might not be able to handle on your own. Silas was smart and knew that you might not be able to either, so he connected himself to your dark magic and now he's part of it. You need him so that you can channel your magic through him or else it might be too much on you."

"Dad, I don't need him. I am perfectly capable of using my magic on my own."

"Sorry pumpkin and even if you didn't need him, if I tried to kill him, you would die too."

"Can't you do some type of spell to shoo him off of me."

"I think it's best if he stays with you, Mira."

Mira could not believe she might be stuck with a parasite. This is not happening Mira thought. Mira is upset so she leaves and goes to her room. She gets in bed and screams into her pillow. She decides to start drawing to avoid having to think about being stuck with Silas.

Mira eventually gets tired and falls asleep.

~

"Hello, Papilionem."

Mira opens her eyes and sees Silas looking down at her. "Why can't I just sleep and not end up here?"

Silas laughs "you don't want to spend time with me?"

"Have you already forgotten the last time I was here. I told you to stay away because I have a feeling you coordinate whenever we have these little meetings so how about you just stop giving me these dreams or whatever this is."

"Actually princess, you made this place on your own. I just come here to be able to talk to you. and besides, you don't want to spend time with me?"

"You don't know how to take no for an answer or something."

Silas sits down next to her. "So I'm sure your father has already told you that you are stuck with me."

"Sadly."

"Oh come on, princess. If I hadn't latched onto your dark magic, I'm betting you'd be dead by now. All that dark magic in that tree trunk would have been too much for you. And now you have me to channel through whenever you use your magic."

Mira stares at him. "I don't wanna be stuck with you."

Silas stares back at her. "It's not that bad princess. I saved your life, you can at least say thank you."

"Go latch onto someone else."

Silas laughs "Sorry love, but I like you, so I'm here to stay."

Before Mira can react, Silas leans over and kisses her.

"This is gonna be an adventure, Papilionem."