A Silent Lover 8: Woman Hater Is Back

RECAP:

Stephanie just finished her night ritual such as washing her face, peeing and brushing her teeth, when her door suddenly opened. She was surprised at what she saw. It was Carlos, totally intoxicated. He looked at her in the eye, and she saw the sudden vulnerability.

His eyes looked lonely. Without warning, he approached her and hugged her tightly, letting go of his suitcase in the process. He was heavy, which was what she expected. She was supporting his weight.

Much to her shock, he whispered. “I love you so much…” he slurred. “You don’t know how much I love you. You mean… so much… to me… that’s why… I’ve been… avoiding you.”

~*~

Woman Hater Is Back

 (Chapter Eight of Just an Heir’s prequel – A Silent Lover)

Stephanie placed a painkiller tablet on Carlos’ palm. He muttered his gratitude and massaged his temples after swallowing the tablet with the help of drinking a glass of water. Right now, he was sure he looked like shit – and shit again. He’s already late for work! He was going to conduct a meeting with the board members of his company.

He massaged his temples and sighed deeply. Unfortunately, he knew what happened last night. He got home wasted, and confessed his feelings. Fuck his life. Now she knows.

~*~

“Carlos,” Stephanie began carefully, adjusting Rafa in her arms. “What happened yesterday?”

“I love you so much. You don’t know how much I love you. You mean so much to me, that’s why I’ve been avoiding you.”

Because of him, she wasn’t able to sleep properly. She was afraid how his confession will affect their marriage. He looked at her blankly, “What I’ve said last night – it’s not true.”

She smirked, “The drunk mind speaks the sober mind.”

~*~

What happened after he had confessed last night? He had been so sweet to her, like a lost child.

“Stephanie… I really love you. I will not play anymore, I promise,” he had whispered before he’d pulled away.

“You need to change your clothes,” she’d sighed and pulled her to his room.

He’d pouted at her as she removed his coat, “Am I… really… a horrible person?”

She frowned at his slurred words, and his expression. “You’re not?”

“Then why did… Mama leave me?” he said the last few words in Spanish, and she got his message thankfully. His mother left him?

“Why?” she finally croaked out. Behind his womanizer image and uncaring façade, was a man full of insecurities.

“Because she doesn’t love me,” he smiled sadly and she continued to assist him removing his longsleeves and his underwear (which was t-shirt). He was really very attractive with his abs and muscles at the right place. He was a pale-skinned man, and it’s actually her type. Quickly, she hugged him. She may not love him for now, but she really cared about him a lot.