Chapter 1; His

Catherine Martin ^^^

Catherine POV

Hello I am Catherine Martin. I am 19 years old today!! It's my birthday! May 16th.

I was born in the city of lights! Paris, France.
My papa meet my maman (mom) when she was working for him. They fell in love, got married, and had my older brother, Asher, and I.

We moved to the USA when I was four. So papa could expand his company.

French is my first language. So when I came to the US it was very hard for me. I was very friendly and shy in school.

I did cheerleading, track, soccer, and my personal favorite gymnastics. I did a lot of sports and kept my body in shape. I am 5'8 .
I was very good at something once I put my heart and soul in it.

I went to a catholic school. I am what you call sheltered. I was never aloud to have a boyfriend. There was this one boy my parents wanted to get me with, but I wasn't ready to have a boyfriend and he was a big player with the girls.My brother was always aloud to have girlfriends.

I am friends with everyone who wants to be. I have two main best friends though, Isabella and Madison. I have been best friends with since I moved here though. They helped me when I was getting bullied for being different.

After I graduated, I got accepted into modeling. My height and blue eyes helped me get in. My papa didn't want me to do it at first, but let me because it was something I wanted to do.I am a model for Victoria secret (what is her secret?!)and Vogue.

Today has been weird. I woke up and had a very weird feeling. Maybe it is because it is my birthday. I got up and did my routine. I don't live with my parents though my maman begged me to stay with them. I get dressed and drive to my parents house. They wanted to talk to me.

I pull up and see another car I have never seen before. Maybe Asher got a new car.

I knock on the door. My maman opens it and runs towards me to give me a hug. We get inside and she screams " Ohhh my bébé is all grown up! You have got taller!" I laugh then say " Maman I saw you yesterday!"

We walk towards the living room and my papa is walking up to me with a big smile. There is something in his eyes too. I don't know what it is. " My gorgeous fílle is 19! Happy Birthday!" He says then frowns.

"Come in the living room I have some people for you to meet and then we can discuss what you came over here for" He says in a serious business voice. I hear him talk like this when he is on the phone with his clients.

We walk into the living room to see an older couple and a boy my age. He looks familiar. Hmmmm... oh well. The boy is staring at me when I walk over to the couch acrossed from them. I put on a polite smile. My dad clears him throat to get my attention. " So Catherine you are probably wondering why you are here. Well Mr. Moretti and I have signed contact before you were born. For you to get married to his son." I look at everyone confused. Ohh this is a birthday joke! Papa has always been the jokester! I start laughing and everyone give me a confused look. "Oh papa! That is hilarious papa! I actually thought you were serious!" I say between laughs.

I finally calmed down and looked at everyone. Everyone looked like I was crazy except Mr. Moretti. He speaks up "It is not a joke Catherine. You and my son are getting married in a month." He said calmly but firmly.

I am numb. I look at my maman to see her only frown and won't meet my eyes. "What?! I- I can't get married I am only 19. A contract?! It is the 21st century papa!You can't do this! What kind of business do you guys even do?!" I say standing up. "Sit Down and listen Catherine!" My papa said firmly

I sit down and rub my temples. Married?! "Catherine listen. I know you don't want to get married right now. You have no choice. We have planned this for awhile. We are in the mafia. We need to pair our mafias gangs together. Italian and French combined with the American Mafia.My dad did it with your maman and I. My Italian Mafia had to combine with your mamans French Mafia. It is just how it is." He says. Mafia?! Maman and Papa's relationship was forced.

"The Marriage is in a month and that is it. Understand." Mr. Moretti says. I nod my head yes. "Great!" My Papa says in his serious voice.The two Moms start shrinking and talking about wedding stuff and how excited they are. I am just sitting there staring into nothing thinking. I am getting married in a month. Contract since I was born. Maman and Papa's relationship was forced. My birthday is today. Only 19. I look up and I am meet with green eyes staring back at me with a smirk.

" We will give you guys sometime" Mr. Moretti says. They all rush out of the room. My mom rubs my back " You guys will be okay. If you need anything I am always here" she says before she leaves too.

We sit there staring for a while. He starts to speak up " You really grew into your curves Martin" with a smirk. I want to slap it off. " Excuse me! You don't even know me!" I say firmly. His smirk gets wider. " Oh baby. I know you more then you think." "What is even your name?!" I say. "You should know." He says. I look up confused. He sighs " Ginovanni Moretti" I gasp. I should of know because of the last name. Why himmm! "That's why my parents wanted us to date. Uh! I can't believe this. I am getting married to a player." I say then rub my temples. I am getting a headache.

I stand up ready to leave, but he grabs my hand. I shake his hand off. " What do you want Gino?" I say harshly. "What happened to my shy little baby. We used to be the best of friends in elementary." He says softly, but cocky. " Yeah well she grew up and you became a player in middle school." I say.

" Yeah well we are getting married now so you are mine." He day firmly and slips a hand around my waist. I try to get out of his touch. He just tightens the grip."You will never have me!"I yell. "Yes I will! You are mine!" He shoves me against a wall and kisses me passionately. My first kiss gone by my fiancé.