The Magics

Misfit was messing with her yoyo watching it go up and down while her parents who were talentless hacks bickored over finances on their ride to the next destination where they would be swindling people out of money. Her dad Pip Magic spewed a strew of bad words out of his mouth as her mom Mary Magic lit a cigarette the smell of smoke squished Misfits nose and made her queezy. Her dad was a tall slinder man with a small goatee he was all guts and glory famouse in his own mind. His wife was short and bulky also very loud and proud both had mastered the craft of manipulation and lies misfit hardly understood somedays how she fit into the family. She had straight black hair a fair complexion she was thin and loved to play with her yoyo and create art in her sketchbook she listened to her music and kept to herself but somehow always seemed to be notified that she was nothing but trouble one thing she knew more than anything was she hated her name. Her parents had no problem letting her know how much of a mistake she was it was probably due to the fact she refused to pick pocket people while they did their act. She was 12 years old and she felt bad for the many people that lost their wallets while watching her parents act. But they were her meal ticket and she didn't have anywhere else to go. Pip stopped in at a gas station to fill up the car and Mary went inside to put a plethora of snacks inside her purse that would go unpaid for. Sometimes it felt like she would slowly fade into obscurity. Then in a matter of moments her life changed forever her parents went from petty crooked talentless hacks to wanted criminals. Gun shots could be heard from the convenient store and sirens were approaching all of the sudden the magics were on the run. Misfit didn't know what went down but she was sure she would find out soon enough. Pip slammed on the gas and the car flew out of the gas station like a bat flying out of the bad place. Why the hell did you shoot the guy Mary bellowed loudly? Misfit felt a nervous knot in her stomach her parents had always been irresponsible and reckless but this took it to a whole new level. Pip managed to out run the cops but you could cut the thickness in the car with a butter knife. Words dropped heavily like an anchor in the ocean Pip pulled the trigger and shot thebman at the counter in cold blood and felt no remorse at all. We're gonna have to stay the night somewhere while I figure out what to do Pip placed the gun in Mary's lap I need you to get rid of this and I need you to get rid of her. We were never suppose to have her this long and now she knows to much. Misfit realised what Pip was insuating and and the knot she felt in her stomach all day went back up into her throat her head began to sweat would he really have his own daughter murdered? Had she really been that much trouble to them? Hurry up now we have to do this quick take the gun and the girl. Mary opened up her glove department and pulled a white glove and a wash cloth out. Come with me Misfit Mary said in a melancholy voice. She followed her mom thinking maybe this was just some kind of sick joke but it wasn't. In the dead of the night under the stars Mary pointed the gun at Misfit and then mumbled run. She screamed proclaiming Run now to where they know you. At 12 years of age Misfit had no where to go and wondered to herself what Mary was talking about when she said where they know you it didn't make any sense with the gun pointed at her head mixed in with all the hollering Mary handed her a piece of paper she would have to read later. She rushed through the cool night air listening to the three warning shots pound through the air shattering everything that use to be not that great but atleast manageable. She ran towards the city wondering where and what she was going to do.