Drink Me Like One Of Your French Girls pt. 2

The picture above is of Maleficent.

You know, if any of y'all were wondering.

Enjoy,

Anne-Eli

_______________

In a flash of darkness, the world disappears around me. When I open my eyes a fraction of a second later, we are standing in my living room. I look around with wide eyes and my mouth agape.

"Holy shit."

I look up to see that Death looks just as surprised as I am.

"Did you just teleport us?" I mumble, still in shock.

"Did you just puke on me?" he returns, taking off his shirt at an inhuman speed.

"About that, I'll erm, gladly wash it for you," I watch as the shirt catches fire and falls on the floor in a pile of ashes, "Or vacuum it."

When a new hoodie materializes in his hand, he pulls it over his head just as fast as he removed the other other. He moves so quickly my eyes barely register the movements. I shake my head. When the shirt is settled over his chest, I read:

Badminton Varsity Team 1932

"Oh." I say.

I did not peg him as a badminton player.

We look at each other for a few seconds until I remember how I emptied the contents of my body on him just a few moments ago.

"I'm going to go wash my teeth real quick..." I trail off, rushing up the stairs.

Alright. I am in trouble. I am alone, in a house, with a guy who can teleport me places, set stuff on fire, and grab hearts. And I puked on him.

I brush and I brush.

He can now, apparently, find me anytime he wants.

I keep brushing. Harder this time.

I drank his blood.

My gums are starting to throb.

I think I owe him my life a few times.

I start seeing bright red liquid forming in between my teeth.

"I think you've brushed enough," he grabs the toothbrush from my hands and dumps it in the sink, "Spit."

I do.

"What were you 'investigating' at The Red Opium?" he leans on the bathroom counter, crossing his arms in front of him.

I debate telling him. On the one hand, it is none of his business. On the other, I do not really care if he knows. I do not even get why he is so interested.

"The guys who attacked me Friday night were fangers. I figured maybe I could find information there."

"Well that was incredibly stupid. Do you even know what could have happened? You almost let a fucking vampire feed on you."

"I didn't. I had the situation perfectly handled," I say through clenched teeth.

"Perfectly handled? You and I both know that's bullshit."

"Ok, you know what? You need to stop acting like you know anything about me." I lift both hands up in annoyance and then let them fall back on each side of me. I walk past him and out of my bathroom.

Death starts following me down the stairs. Once we have reached the bottom, he grabs both of my shoulders and turns me so that he can look deeply into my eyes.